ESX selector and stuff

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Zini

Re: ESX selector and stuff

Post by Zini »

edit: is it an issue that the format value is an integer? (fileReader.getFormat() returns an integer)...
That is because the format identifier is an integer. That is one of the reason why we can't use the original version field. Using a float to specify a version is just dumb.
Zini

Post by Zini »

graffy wrote:Looking at the mlox code - the logic is fairly straightforward as to how it works. I realize going after a more advanced algorithm isn't at the top of the list for 1.0, but is the mlox approach a desirable one to emulate?
I have no practical experience with using this algorithm with MW, but at least it sounds reasonable. Might be worth a try.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Zini wrote:I- I don't get the point of EsxModel::ContentModel::setEncoding. We are using UTF8 everywhere. Also, these changes are global and might break other stuff.
We are indeed using UTF-8 but the content files don't. The encoding is used to read and convert metadata like the plugin description correctly. I added it because of this bug.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Then the correct answer is to send the metadata through our encoding conversion. Probably an oversight in the esm component.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Confirmed. Both ESM::Header::load and ESM::Header::save are faulty. The Header::Data block is read in without ever converting the author and desc fields.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Yeah it was a stopgap solution at the time, but I forgot to mention it here.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Did some more testing.

1. The layout of the launcher is broken:
Screenshot.png
2. There is still a lot of debugging output going to the console that should be removed.

3. When selecting a game the addons that do not belong to this game should be removed from the list and not just made inactive.

I am okay with merging with 2. and 3. not being addressed, as long as these are taken care of before the next release. However 1 definitely needs to be fixed, before we can have a merge.
graffy

Post by graffy »

Wow. I hadn't looked at launcher at all.. That's pretty screwed up.

I wasn't anticipating a merge for a week at most - just to give me time to go over everything thoroughly. So yeah, no worries about the debug output and other issues.

I will write the filter to eliminate independent addons w.r.t the selected game file... I was under the impression we didn't want that, but I'm relieved to hear that you do.

Regarding the UTF8 encoding issue, I would happily let pvdk address it, if you don't mind. :)
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Offtopic

inconsistent icon style in launcher is terrible.

I think We should not mix OpenMW provided and system present icons next each other if possible.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I wasn't anticipating a merge for a week at most
The idea was more like no later than this weekend. The old esx selector is causing real problems for me. I can not continue with implementing the save feature without it, because I can not load stuff properly, which means this very important feature is more or less on hold since the beginning of the week. Let's see that we get the new selector to a minimally functional state (that means launcher layout problems fixed and new file and adjuster widgets added) and then do a merge. The rest can be fixed up later.