ESX selector and stuff

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
graffy

Re: ESX selector and stuff

Post by graffy »

Ok, so I've got the sorting issue almost worked out. Right now, the model automatically sorts based on dependency (ensures no dependency appears in the model later than a file which depends upon it). The date sort, however, leaves me a bit confused. I presume it is intended to resolve a particular edge case in ensuring dependency order?
graffy

Post by graffy »

Latest push to my esxSelector branch has the launcher and filedialog both functional...
Zini

Post by Zini »

The date sort, however, leaves me a bit confused. I presume it is intended to resolve a particular edge case in ensuring dependency order?
With later plugins loaded later we may have a small chance to avoid conflicts between unrelated branches of the dependency tree.
graffy

Post by graffy »

Ok, so if I have an addon which has two independent dependencies (is that an oxymoron?), the one that has a later date should be loaded afterward?

To restate that, if I have two dependencies which are unrelated to one another, the one with the later date should be loaded second...
Zini

Post by Zini »

That's the general idea. Its not guaranteed to fix anything, but at least there is a chance. Also, when we try to maintain date stamp order throughout the entire content file list, this will allow us to detect possible problems by looking for out of order files (caused by dependencies). But that is something we can deal with another time.
graffy

Post by graffy »

Ok. I will try to figure that out here soon. Otherwise, I have done everything I think needs to be addressed with the lanucher / filedialog code (sans some minor refctoring w.r.t class names / namespaces).