Master won't compile

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Zini

Re: Master won't compile

Post by Zini »

Finished my compiler settings review. Will push in a few minutes. Here are the results:

- I re-enabled the warnings 4101, 4146, 4265, 4702. And I also fixed the code that was listed for these warnings. If there are any more problems of the same type, they need to be fixed by someone with MSVC.

- The remaining warnings stay disabled. They are either completely bogus or warn about something that is unlikely to become a problem and would require too much work to get our code warning free to justify the effort.

- For gcc, I added -Wextra, but disabled unused-parameter and unused-but-set-parameter.

- I also disabled the initialiser list order warnings on gcc. These almost never indicate a real problem and I am just sick and tired of constantly having to change the code that comes from MSVC users. Since there doesn't appear to be an equivalent warning on MSVC this is the only option we have.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

just tested, gcc 4.6.1 compiled clean without warnings. :)
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

MSVC didn't compile completely without warnings, I've pushed a fix adding a few more virtual destructors that were missing. Shouldn't GCC have noticed them too?
Zini

Post by Zini »

It should. But doesn't. No idea why.