Native Animated Containers and Graphics Herbalism support

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Native Animated Containers and Graphics Herbalism support

Post by psi29a »

That's not true; we've done that also in the past. Master is just development, it will be the following release (0.46) after we branched 0.45.

However that is beside the point; my point was... users can't use this mode with our current release, nor our future release. In order to use this, users have to either build from source or use a nightly.

So the question is, is this OK? If so, great, no worries. However if this is a problem, then we need to figure how to do this kind of thing in the future. Do we wait until 0.46 is released to publish a mod?

It's entirely possible that this doesn't matter, just curious what everyone thinks.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

psi29a wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 15:51 Do we wait until 0.46 is released to publish a mod?
Definely no since we need to test this feature before 0.46 release. To test this feature, users need to download mentioned mod, so we need to host these meshes somewhere in a public place anyway.

Regarding animated containers and herbalism support, I found an old related topic. In this topic Chris had pretty same ideas which I implemented.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

When I've released versions of Mod Organizer plugins that only work with unreleased builds, I've always included something in the description saying that it'll work in the 2.x.y release, and if that hasn't been released yet, you either need to build MO yourself or get a testing build from the Mod Organizer Development Discord. You could do something similar here.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Since OpenMW now supports NiSwitchNode, I managed to implement pluginless windows glow support for both game and editor (can use meshes from Glow in the Dahrk):
https://github.com/akortunov/openmw/tre ... ng_windows

In theory, we can use a similar approach for herbalism. Actually, it is an approach which Skyrim use - add a NiSwitchNode with two child nodes - a first one is a common model, the second one is the harvested model. Any organic container with such node can be considered as harvesting.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

+1 +10

(We definitely need a +1 button...)
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/compar ... cab4e7R105

This looks like it's running repeatedly for every node in the traversal, but it shouldn't change mid-traversal. Maybe it should be a member or something?
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 19:36 This looks like it's running repeatedly for every node in the traversal, but it shouldn't change mid-traversal. Maybe it should be a member or something?
It does not run for every node in traversal, just for nodes which have the DayNightCallback - only switches with given name.
Also keep in mind that callback itself does not contain any logic - it just get value from the WeatherManager and switches window state.
I see no cleaner way to implement it cleaner right now. Any ideas?
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

@Akortunov First, thank you for the Glow in the Darkh support. It's always welcome when OpenMW engine is updated to support modern ways of doing things.
So, the OpenMW version will emit lights the way older mods did? Would be totally hardcoded or will require an esp/omwaddon?
Last edited by Amenophis on 28 Jan 2019, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

For some reason, I thought the callback was a node visitor, not a callback. Ignore me.
Ravenwing

Post by Ravenwing »

Thank you, all of these features are great! I’ve been wanting proper implementation of the glowing windows for a while now!

My only opinion on the nexus mod is that perhaps we should make it even more obvious that you require a nightly for now with a link to the nightlies.