Lighting bug in windows

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
gus

Re: Lighting bug in windows

Post by gus »

I *think* that the cause of the bug is that we add to many "sun-like" lights, so smaller light cannot be seen anymore because they are not powerfull enough. I will commit a fix soon. By the way, i found a memory leak in the new rendering system: in objects, sceneNode are destroyed (when changing scene or deleting objects), but not the entity/lights attached to them. I will commit a fix too.
Zini

Post by Zini »

By the way, i found a memory leak in the new rendering system: in objects, sceneNode are destroyed (when changing scene or deleting objects), but not the entity/lights attached to them. I will commit a fix too.
No need. Already fixed it (in renderingfix).
gus

Post by gus »

Commited the change in my DialogueSystem branch. For some reasons, I wasn't able to push it in my master branch. (i think it's because it wasn't up to date).
Zini

Post by Zini »

I guess you committed to your dialogue branch instead. It is obvious that you can't push to master then. If you recognise such a mistake before the commit, git stash and git stash apply are useful tools to fix it. But don't worry, even after a commit it is easy fixable. A single cherry-pick should do the job. I will test your commit either tomorrow or on Friday (it's rather unlikely that I can get any OpenMW work done today).
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Still a bug, the first torch in Beshara is not lit.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Did you check if it is lit in MW? Maybe they have a few unlit torches in that cave.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

It is lit in morrowind, as is every torch in Beshara.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Very strange. Well, we won't get it fixed for 0.12.0.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Zini wrote:Very strange. Well, we won't get it fixed for 0.12.0.
Is it possible that 'things' were hard coded into original Morrowind executable (and code). Sometimes we see odd things like reverse textures/objects and other oddities.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I honestly can't see how that would be possible. I'll go with the bug theory for now.