How can I help?

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
sirherrbatka

Re: How can I help?

Post by sirherrbatka »

Well, that is relative. On the border between medium and large I would say.
D size to have a female breast analogy(?) ;-)

@Mirceam94
Hello there. Welcome aboard.
Mirceam94

Post by Mirceam94 »

Hi,
Do you have some modding experience with morrowind?

Also, getting started with openMW can be a bit hard (openmw is rather... big), so if you have any question, don't hesitate to ask
I have a teeny bit of modding experience, since I made a house for myself a long time ago in Balmora. That was mostly a result of following a tutorial series though.

Yeah, it seems pretty big xD I couldn't actually find the OEngine::Physics namespace anywhere, so if you could point that out that would be a big help. I haven't looked too hard though; I'm a bit stuck on installing Ogre. I'm running Arch Linux, and have been getting constant build errors. Although it would seem that it's working this time around (currently compiling).
D size to have a female breast analogy(?)

@Mirceam94
Hello there. Welcome aboard.
xD Thanks for the welcome :)

*EDIT: Nevermind, I found OEngine::Physic::PhysicEngine
**EDIT: Got Ogre to compile!
Mirceam94

Post by Mirceam94 »

Okay, so I resolved issue #173, let me know if I did what you wanted. As I said, I'm new to the whole bug tracker/git fork stuff, so I not sure what to do with my code after pushing it to my repo. How can I merge the fix with the official repo? Or does that happen later?
Zini

Post by Zini »

As I said, I'm new to the whole bug tracker/git fork stuff, so I not sure what to do with my code after pushing it to my repo. How can I merge the fix with the official repo?
You don't. I do. You can either issue a pull request on github or ask here on the forum, which you just did.

I see two problems with your code:

1. There is a makefile in the esmtools directory. From the commit it seems it was there even before the commit, which is completely wrong. But your commit also modified it, which is even more wrong. Please take it out of the source tree.

I guess you are not building out of source? That usually causes such problems. Unfortunately quite of few of our developers haven't moved to an out of source build. It is not strictly necessary, but it certainly helps to reduce commit errors.

Edit: it is in general a good idea to do a "git status" before doing a commit. That will also make these kind of errors show up.

2. MWWorld::PhysicsSystem is created in MWWorld::World. But you are creating another copy in Engine. This obviously won't work well. I suggest you try to remove the physics stuff from Engine entirely.
Mirceam94

Post by Mirceam94 »

1. There is a makefile in the esmtools directory.
Yep, sorry about that. I removed it in the latest commit, and updated my .gitignore
I suggest you try to remove the physics stuff from Engine entirely.
Done. Is it okay if I changed mRendering to a pointer in MWorld::World?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Makes sense, I guess.

I would suggest for future tasks you read the section about branching policies in our wiki again. But otherwise okay. Code has been merged into next branch.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Welcome Mirceam94!

You could also help me with the AUR packages for OpenMW. I'm currently the maintainer of those packages. I have a repository at GitHub for the pkgbuilds here. It would be great to have someone to test them.
Mirceam94

Post by Mirceam94 »

Sure, I'd be glad to help! I can test new ones anytime.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Welcome Mirceam94!
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

Welcome Mirceam94 :)