RaceMenu regression

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Zini

RaceMenu regression

Post by Zini »

I am experiencing a regression in the character creation GUI. When enabling the race menu (via enableRaceMenu) neither the ok nor the back buttons are working. I had to terminate OpenMW externally, because there was no way to get out of this window.

Can someone else confirm this regression and does anybody have an idea what is causing it?
werdanith

Re: RaceMenu regression

Post by werdanith »

I'm on the latest commit of the master branch and the race menu works just fine.
swick

Post by swick »

ok and back buttons dont work for me either but i could still switch to console
Zini

Post by Zini »

hmmmm ... Somewhat inconclusive. But at least we can say that the race window fails under some conditions. This needs to be looked at before we can have a release. Any of the GUI people interested in giving it a go?
gus

Post by gus »

From what I can tell, the GUI code detects when the buttons are pressed, so the problems are in the functions eventdone and eventback of race.hpp .

Edit: eventdone and eventback seems to be some kind of void stuff. Don't really know what this code should do...
Zini

Post by Zini »

It seems the execution path continues at WindowManager::onRaceDialogDone and WindowManager::onRaceDialogBack. So that would be the place to continue investigating.
Zini

Post by Zini »

It seems that this regression is no longer present in the refactored window manager (now merged into the next branch). This is a rather unsatisfying outcome. Fixing a branch by accident without knowing what has caused it mean we can't be sure it will show up again.

If we must we can release 0.12.0 with this regression, but then we have to mention it in the release notes.