Dialogue GUI/System

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
gus

Re: Dialogue GUI/System

Post by gus »

Really? I mean you already have the list, right? So you would only have to add a single switch construct that produces a value for each function that at least makes roughly sense.
Yes and no. I do have a list, but i don't know which number is associated to which functions. (for example choice is associated to 50). Determining which function is associated to which number takes time. Also the list is pretty big (there are 71 functions).
I am still not sure I understand what exactly the problem is. Can you give me an example location/NPC/topic, so I can test I myself?
Sure. For example in seyda nihyn, you can try with fargott. In the choice function in the script, try to display the value of arg0. As fargott give you 2 choices, arg0 should be 4 if I understand correctly. Also, the function wont work with "/SlSlSl" instead of "/SlSl"
Lol! Was trying to quote from your previous post and instead inserted a piece of code from the software I am working on right now (not OpenMW related).
:lol:
Zini

Post by Zini »

Yes and no. I do have a list, but i don't know which number is associated to which functions. (for example choice is associated to 50). Determining which function is associated to which number takes time. Also the list is pretty big (there are 71 functions).
I think it would be worth it. We need to figure them out anyway, so the invested time won't be lost once we replace the dummy values with the real functions.
Sure. For example in seyda nihyn, you can try with fargott. In the choice function in the script, try to display the value of arg0. As fargott give you 2 choices, arg0 should be 4 if I understand correctly. Also, the function wont work with "/SlSlSl" instead of "/SlSl"
Will have a look at it.
gus

Post by gus »

I think it would be worth it. We need to figure them out anyway, so the invested time won't be lost once we replace the dummy values with the real functions.
I'm on it then.
gus

Post by gus »

Thanks to scrawl, the random crashes you got when activating NPCs are gone.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I think I found the problem with the argument number. See my dialogue branch.
Zini

Post by Zini »

btw. could you post the function list? I am interested in seeing what can be implemented and what can't.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Interesting.

We can definitely add the item and not class filters.

Of the functions, only choice, health percentage, same race, same sex and most of the PC * functions can be implemented.

Everything else needs reasonable default values for now.

I think "Not faction" will need a rewrite once we have factions properly implemented, since factions can change and the current code checks the immutable ESX records.
gus

Post by gus »

I've "unexpected end of file" when talking to fargoth about the ring.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I think I see the problem. Will fix it later.