Dialogue GUI/System

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
gus

Re: Dialogue GUI/System

Post by gus »

But I noticed something else: When you talk to the guy in the Tradehouse about the Fargoth quest, you can start the quest multiple times. I am not sure if that is correct. Shouldn't this topic be removed at this point. Actually I don't see any calls to the isMatching function after the dialogue is started. That does not look right.
My bad. I thought that the function filters were the only one who could change during dialogue but I was wrong. Journal can change too for example. I will correct it.

Edit: and i still get the crash. I'm recompiling everything in debug mode.
gus

Post by gus »

There is a problem with journal. in journal.cpp, getJournalIndex always return 0. (It is the index that must be checked right?)
Zini

Post by Zini »

I pushed a fix.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Doesn't look like it helps any though. Even with your latest commit, I can still start the quest multiple times.
gus

Post by gus »

Doesn't seems to work.

getJournalIndex("MS_Lookout") should return the index of MS_Lookout right? ATM, it always returns 0.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Looks like another case folding problem. When the journal index is set, the case is folded. In all other cases, it is not. I guess you should fold all journal IDs before calling any journal.hpp functions.

Edit: Actually you should smash case. No case folding involved here.
gus

Post by gus »

It works now.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Zini wrote:Are you still getting crashes at shutdown? For me OpenMW runs rock solid right now.
Sorry about that, my bad. It was an artifact of the refactoring, I've pushed a rather temporary fix, until Chris' branch gets merged, that is.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Almost. The topic list is still not updated.

btw. the dialogue code still writes a lot of stuff to cout. That should probably be removed before we release.
gus

Post by gus »

Almost. The topic list is still not updated.
what do you mean?