OpenMW on android flipped textures

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenMW on android flipped textures

Post by psi29a »

Sorry, you committed GPLv3 code. It's now out in the wild and we have no control over that and have no wish to re-write history to 'clean it up'. We can remove any mention of you in documentation if you want. That's your right, but the commits and history stay.

If you don't wish to be any part of the project, then might I suggest you leave others to the android work? Your technical comments are great, but your political statements and opinions are starting to wear on our nerves. Please stop with the later, it isn't needed.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Thank you and success with your work in the future!

Please don't kill yourself. It's not worth it.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

I think it'd be really silly of Bethesda to do anything overly stupid, because after all OpenMW must be driving some sales of Morrowind. And even if they did something, the usual procedure is to send a polite C&D before sueing anyone, like they did last time in the misunderstanding that was (in my understanding) completely resolved.

In any case: the easiest way to cover your ass if you really want to is to remove your email address from your github account, so that commits are no longer displayed as yours.

We can also rebase the repository. There are no others working on it ATM, so there shouldn't be much of an impact on development from doing this. However, there are a bunch of inactive forks (about 8) that you'd have to convince to update, too, if you really wanted to erase all tracks. If you're that paranoid anyway, you'd probably be more interested in erasing your forum posts.

Good luck and I hope you can find other endeavors that make you feel more comfortable.
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

scrawl wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 14:30 I think it'd be really silly of Bethesda to do anything overly stupid, because after all OpenMW must be driving some sales of Morrowind. And even if they did something, the usual procedure is to send a polite C&D before sueing anyone, like they did last time in the misunderstanding that was (in my understanding) completely resolved.

In any case: the easiest way to cover your ass if you really want to is to remove your email address from your github account, so that commits are no longer displayed as yours.

We can also rebase the repository. There are no others working on it ATM, so there shouldn't be much of an impact on development from doing this. However, there are a bunch of inactive forks (about 8) that you'd have to convince to update, too, if you really wanted to erase all tracks. If you're that paranoid anyway, you'd probably be more interested in erasing your forum posts.

Good luck and I hope you can find other endeavors that make you feel more comfortable.
I Already dit it , and deleted almost all forums messages .
PS : I am not going to delete warning to Bethesda , if this corporation will try to write me .
I have kept all Bethesda demands all this time
In any case, I will not appear In Android development and this forum section anymore .
From what I learn : opensource is evil , and for my own needs I prefer Bitbucket now with private repos
Anyway , thank you for understand my position
Also from this engine I learned a lot of things for myself and now I working as programmer , lol
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 00:42 The actual email back-and-forth is floating around somewhere, but I can't remember how to find it right now. That would tell you absolutely everything you might need to know.
The e-mails are on the wiki.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

You're a little late to the party with that. Someone else has already posted the link.

I'm wondering if it might be sensible to link it from the wiki index, though. When I originally brought it up, I did check the wiki index to see if it was there and then decided it probably wasn't on the wiki.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

I've started a new thread since I've long solved the problem with flipped textures. It's here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4898 and we should probably move all android-related discussion there as well.