Experiments

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
visvaldas

Experiments

Post by visvaldas »

What if Morrowind was on a very tiny planet?
With a diameter of 10km.

Then it would look like this:
screenshot380.png
Just playing around a bit with the vertex shader :mrgreen:

Or if the sea level was a bit higher:
screenshot359.png
screenshot361.png
screenshot362.png
Naugrim

Re: Experiments

Post by Naugrim »

visvaldas wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 21:15 Or if the sea level was a bit higher:
I guess we'll all have to learn some Alteration :lol:
Dyskos

Post by Dyskos »

Curious, is this just an import of the world, or are all the creatures and scripts still running here? If the latter, does it break anything? Does the coc command still function properly? Are structures/land formations/cells slightly warped, and if so, is there any effect on the Physics? If I shoot a spell in a straight line, will it fly off into the sky away from the planet, or will it circle it?

Of course, all these questions would be entirely negligible if there are no scripts running, and it could also be possible that the planet is just a free floating sphere with the land mass on top, so that when you walk to the edge, it's more like walking down the side of a mountain than along the surface of a planet.
visvaldas

Post by visvaldas »

drakovyrn wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 01:53 Curious, is this just an import of the world, or are all the creatures and scripts still running here? If the latter, does it break anything? Does the coc command still function properly? Are structures/land formations/cells slightly warped, and if so, is there any effect on the Physics? If I shoot a spell in a straight line, will it fly off into the sky away from the planet, or will it circle it?

Of course, all these questions would be entirely negligible if there are no scripts running, and it could also be possible that the planet is just a free floating sphere with the land mass on top, so that when you walk to the edge, it's more like walking down the side of a mountain than along the surface of a planet.
It's just a modified shader, so apart from the visuals the game is unaffected.