Pull requests cleanup

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
akortunov

Pull requests cleanup

Post by akortunov »

Hello. Currently we have 26 pull requests on OpenMW GitHub repository. A few months ago there were 12 PR's.

Some PR's are more than year old, some did not get any feedback, some have a lot of conflicts with master branch.

Maybe some additional testing is needed, or some additional work to fix these PR's, or some forum discussion.
Or if we can not accept PR's until 1.0, can we add "post-1.0" label?
Thunderforge

Re: Pull requests cleanup

Post by Thunderforge »

I would be in favor of a post 1.0 label. Then when 1.0 is released, all PRs tagged as such are given a grace period to resolve any conflicts with the main, and if they don't do that, we'll assume they are abandoned and delete them.

Probably not a bad idea for the other PRs for before 1.0 too. Put a one month notice or whatever on them and then delete them if not fixed by then.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Now we have about 50 opened PRs and GitHub page becomes a mess.
Can we do something in this situation?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

*cracks knuckles* I'll go through and start pinging people as needed.

@chris and @zini: you guys ready to rock? ;)

(Chris normally is busy with OpenAL-Soft and poking at XLEngine and Zini has his other project he has been working on... I on the other hand have little excuse other than work and 4 children under my roof. ;) )
Zini

Post by Zini »

Well, scrawl wanted to test what happens when he took a break from managing the PRs. Now we know ;)

I am not familiar enough with rendering, AI and physics in OpenMW anymore. Haven't touched this stuff for several years (since I moved most of my attention to the editor). Getting back into that stuff would require more time than I have available. I'll see if I can make some time available on the weekend to sort out at least some of the remaining PRs.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Found a bit of time (while waiting for something else to finish which eats most of my CPU). It seems that appveyor is still having problems. Will ignore it for now since travis is still up and running. Hopefully I can sort out at least a few PRs.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Well, that is two PRs merged. One closed and one given additional feedback. Still progress, I guess.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Down to 44. Still waiting on feedback (and probably some final adjustments) for a couple more and there is one larger PR I need to test more extensively (at the latest on the weekend). That's all I can do for today.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Down to only one page of pull requests. Not bad.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

IMO, it is time for another cleanup.