OpenMW 0.38 vs 0.40 jumping stunted.

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
trelaine

OpenMW 0.38 vs 0.40 jumping stunted.

Post by trelaine »

I upgraded to 0.40 hoping I could taunt Sjoring Hard-Heart to attack me because I was failing miserably in 0.38. This didn't help my taunting. I guess I'm just lousy at it until I get my personality up more.

After the upgrade I noticed that when I'm running and jumping I don't jump near as far as I use to.

Just to be sure I totally removed 0.40 and re-installed 0.38 then the jumping worked like I'm use to (even in vanilla).

In 0.40 when I'm running and jump it's like I seem to switch to "walk" real quick and then jump.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention that I'm using spells Jump 15pts and Slowfall 15pts. The original engine never gave me issues like this.[/EDIT]

Tre
Last edited by trelaine on 22 Dec 2016, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
trelaine

Re: OpenMW 0.38 vs 0.40 jumping stunted.

Post by trelaine »

scrawl wrote:Do you have a slowfall effect on your character?
Yes, I use slowfall 15pts and jump 15pts. And I've read the links you suggested.

I've never experienced this with the original engine. I had the Game of the Year pack with all three games (Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon) with the latest patch installed.

Getting hit with a sudden slow-down when I jump in OpenMW 0.40 kinda shocked me as I've always play MW with these enhancements. I assumed it was a bug. But from what I'm reading some people have confusion on this.

Right now I'll stick with OpenMW 0.38 until (hopefully) this gets fixed.

Tre
scrawl

Re: OpenMW 0.38 vs 0.40 jumping stunted.

Post by scrawl »

I see. Should be fixed in 0.41, the second link is the relevant change. You can try a release candidate of 0.41, they are scattered across this thread, or wait a few more days until we officially release.