Mac OS Sierra

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Jyby

Mac OS Sierra

Post by Jyby »

I disappeared for awhile... There's have been a lot of amazing changes lately! I'm really impressed :)

Mac OS Sierra has officially been out for a few weeks and I think it's time to start discussing any of the changes that may impact our support for the Apple computer.

Most importantly is our build environment and configuration; I'd definitely like to see some improvements to our wiki. I'll be popping on this thread to ask questions and confirm the development setup on Mac OS Sierra. Then I can document it on the wiki.

Is it a good idea to consider our OS support? How far back do we go? Do we even care?
Mac OS 10.12
OS X 10.11
OS X 10.10
OS X 10.9
I've already reviewed and documented some Mac OS Sierra related bugs. When they are addressed I'll probably go back and test them on El Capitan

@corristo, have you upgraded to Sierra yet? Have you tested the development environment?

Cheers,
Jyby
corristo

Re: Mac OS Sierra

Post by corristo »

Hi Jyby!

I already made a small fix making dependencies buildable on Sierra against 10.11 SDK: https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw-deps-mac/pull/16.

I briefly tried to build against 10.12 SDK, but got some build errors. I'm going to look into it soon.

Regarding supported versions, supporting 10.8 doesn't hurt at the moment, so let's keep it for now.

Regarding state of the wiki: yes, that's a valid concern. A part of updated docs is already here in the README of openmw-deps-mac repo, though.
I've already reviewed and documented some Mac OS Sierra related bugs.
Could you point me to related bug reports, please?
dongato

Post by dongato »

Don't know if it helps at all, but running the pre-packaged app on Sierra I get the error:

"Could not find settings-default.cfg
The problem may be due to an incomplete installation of OpenMW.Reinstalling OpenMW may resolve the problem."
corristo

Post by corristo »

@dongato

Thanks for reporting. Moving whole OpenMW dir to /Applications should help. It's one of the new Sierra "features", one that limits access of apps in non-standard locations or something like that.
amazingnovember

Post by amazingnovember »

Moving whole OpenMW dir to /Applications should help
Unfortunately my OpenMW dir is already within /Applications. That doesn't seem to make any difference in avoiding this showstopper error. Grateful for your support and sorry Sierra has made OpenMW less open!
Naugrim

Post by Naugrim »

Just for the record. I upgraded to Sierra and OpenMW keeps working without any issue.
I am running v 0.40 and did not have to reinstall or move anything around.
dongato

Post by dongato »

Unfortunately, as another poster here said, the OpenMW dir is already in Applications. I tried to stretch the meaning of that by literally making Applications OpenMW's directory, but it doesn't help. The error is exactly the same.

Good luck resolving this issue guys, please let me know if any other solutions spring to mind and I will attempt them. :)
corristo

Post by corristo »

Thanks for all your reports, I'll try to have a look ASAP.

@dongato
Could you please upload your logs from ~/Library/Preferences/openmw ?
dongato

Post by dongato »

This is the only .log file I could find.
Attachments
wizard.log
(50 Bytes) Downloaded 184 times
zauberberg

Post by zauberberg »

I also have this exact same issue. Very confused until I saw this thread.