[patch] new fog shader

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
visvaldas

Re: [patch] new fog shader

Post by visvaldas »

Not sure what's going on there.
Can you post a screeshot with some distant terrain in view (e.g. the position of your screenshot, but facing red mountain)?
JDGBOLT

Post by JDGBOLT »

I am not too sure what is going on with the Fog shaders, when I tried patching it against the latest openmw git, this is the result I got:

I then tried your local branch and it was about the same, maybe with the hair not being black but everything else pretty similar. It's possible there is something with the Mesa drivers that don't like your shaders, but shader debugging is kind of out of my expertise. Just thought I would let you know that they seem to be rendering wrong on the Mesa drivers under Linux with an AMD card. I don't remember the previous version of the fog looking this bad, so maybe there was some regression somewhere.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

You have enabled "force shaders" right?
wolfraider

Post by wolfraider »

Hi!

Here is a screenshot from Tel Vos: https://ibb.co/bwcZr8

The problem seems to be with loaded cells, because the blue grid moves when a new cell is loaded. If I have some more time, perhaps I'll make a video.

Thanks!
wareya

Post by wareya »

All the more reason to get postprocessing working.
magamo

Post by magamo »

wolfraider wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 15:10 Hi!

Here is a screenshot from Tel Vos: https://ibb.co/bwcZr8

The problem seems to be with loaded cells, because the blue grid moves when a new cell is loaded. If I have some more time, perhaps I'll make a video.

Thanks!
I'm rather curious, which version of the shader are you using? That very much looks like the older version that's been posted up in this thread for years. The version on gitlab is quite a bit nicer at this point.
wolfraider

Post by wolfraider »

Lol, missed that one. I had the version from January. Unfortunately I won't be able to build the newest version on gitlab.

Thanks for the help!
Questionsquestions

Post by Questionsquestions »

Also having problem with blueness on the ground textures