Unicode issues

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
greye

Unicode issues

Post by greye »

While working on #668 a while ago I discovered several issues on people understanding Unicode conversions between libraries being used. Therefore this page on Wiki is under development. Probably I won't able to finish resolving #668 due to lack of Windows dev-environment and time to set it up, but concept of solution can be found in patch attached (heavily outdated, probably won't merge).
Attachments
wchar.total.patch
(13.58 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Zini

Re: Unicode issues

Post by Zini »

Pull request please? We normally don't accept patches in this format.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

if the issue is a lack of Windows dev env - I am willing to help. I can have a go at merging the patch to the latest master if you want. However more than likely I will need some help.
greye

Post by greye »

cc9cii wrote:if the issue is a lack of Windows dev env - I am willing to help. I can have a go at merging the patch to the latest master if you want. However more than likely I will need some help.
It will be great. It seems like patch applies cleanly to current master, I'll make pull request with note that it is untested.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

Sorry for crossposting, I left some comments and pics here
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Thanks greye! I noticed the problems with the launcher code when working on the wizard, and I used the correct function there. I hope this fixes the cyrillic path issue on Windows.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

It seems that this issue has cropped up again after the new installation wizard was merged. At least from a user report. From a quick look I don't see any issues in the code though. Could anyone on windows test this?