NPC dialogues

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Zini

NPC dialogues

Post by Zini »

New (and hopefully) final thread for dialogue implementation.

I got the kill count working now. The first part of the Balmora fighters guild rat quest works. I can kill the rats and the local NPC recognizes that and gives me some gold. Unfortunately reporting back to the fighters guild to finish the quest does not work yet. Probably some other unimplemented filter function.

I will have more research requests regarding dialogue filters, because there are some parts I am unsure about. Also, if someone has suggestions for easy to reach dialogues that can be used to test particular filter functions please post them here. I have the feeling that testing will become a headache for this feature.
MortimerMcMire

Re: NPC dialogues

Post by MortimerMcMire »

The first imperial legion quest is a treasure trove of dialogue checks. Check to see if you have the guard cuirass equipped, check to see if you have the axe, check to see if the orc is dead.

The next quest has you cure the kwama queen, which checks to see if a spell effect (Not entirely sure what it checks for here) was used on the queen (I highly doubt the queen has a constant effect blight that you cure but it could be a spell effect check)

Joining different great houses probably checks for your membership in all of the others, so that would be a good thing to test (if not already implemeneted)

Ranking up in guild should check the players skills and attributes.

I'll see if I can think of any more really easy ones.
Zini

Post by Zini »

The refactoring is almost done. But I am running into the first batch of dialogue functions that I am unsure about how to handle them:

43 PC Crime Level: Not entirely sure how that works. Always got by in the honest way when visiting Vvardenfell.
48 Detected: I presume that means the NPC specified in this filter has noticed the player?
62 Attacked: Player has attacked the NPC?
63 Talked to PC: Player has talked to the NPC before?
65 Creature Target ?
66 Friend hit ?
71 Should Attack ?

Any assistance welcome.

Edit: And also:

39 PC Expelled: Expelled from the faction of the NPC the player is talking to or from a faction specified in the select filter?

I really wish we had better documentation on this topic.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Zini wrote:39 PC Expelled: Expelled from the faction of the NPC the player is talking to or from a faction specified in the select filter?
Had to recheck this, but if you look at NPC Neminda (House Redoran) about "Making Amends", the only possible conclusion is that "PC Expelled" refers only to the NPC's faction and not to a specified faction of the PC.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Zini wrote:43 PC Crime Level: Not entirely sure how that works. Always got by in the honest way when visiting Vvardenfell.
Mostly used by Theives Guild members who can clear your name and any price on your head. Since your criminality is recorded at least in part as a number (bounty?), PC Crime Level returns your "crime level" as a number. For instance, in the topic "price on your head", the dialogue filters for PCs who have a "PC Crime Level" of greater than or equal to 1.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Mostly used by Theives Guild members who can clear your name and any price on your head. Since your criminality is recorded at least in part as a number (bounty?), PC Crime Level returns your "crime level" as a number. For instance, in the topic "price on your head", the dialogue filters for PCs who have a "PC Crime Level" of greater than or equal to 1.
So that would be a boolean value? Either 0 or 1?

I'll implement 39 right away. Thanks.

And one more: 64 PC health: Maximum health or current health?
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Just realized some of these are going to be in Morrowind Scripting for Dummies.

Probably not all of them, but it's a good reference for figuring out how a lot of confusing things work, since Bethesda was so skimpy on the details.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Zini wrote:
So that would be a boolean value? Either 0 or 1?
No, your crime level is apparently your bounty amount. The amount of gold you pay a guard to pay for your crimes.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Greendogo wrote:Just realized some of these are going to be in Morrowind Scripting for Dummies.

Probably not all of them, but it's a good reference for figuring out how a lot of confusing things work, since Bethesda was so skimpy on the details.
Should have thought of that myself. It doesn't answer a lot of questions, but at least it answers the questions I am currently fiddling with. Thanks again.
Zini

Post by Zini »

According to MSfD 02 Rank Requirements also checks the faction reputation. Where the heck do I find the faction reputation requirement for a rank? There is nothing in the ESX data structures.