It's like I made some faustian deal with a demon or devil to have morrowind that runs nice but the catch is everybody dies as I approach them.
Lmao I think this happened to me. I successfully got the save file imported, and was on my way to Yakin (just northeast of Tel Aruhn), when suddenly a message saying an important NPC had died and severed the prophecy appeared. I didn't even see the NPC.
So after 5 minutes of testing this I have already found the following:
- All enemies are now passive (friendly). I was having a nice conversation with an Ash Goul in Yakin. (Game breaking)
- Some NPCs, even important ones, die randomly when you're close by (Game breaking)
- In my vanilla save I was not able to rank up in the Mages Guild because I didn't meet the requirements, but in my openmw imported save I could go right through to the quest before Arch-Mage (Game breaking)
- Journal entries are completely missing (I can live without this)
- Mark positions are not saved (Not important at all)
While the import DOES work for your map, items, character stats and all that, in its current state it's not usable because of the outstanding game breaking bugs. The guild ranks I can probably overlook, though it does seem game breaking seems it's almost like cheating your way up the ladder.
There may be more issues, and probably is because I can't imagine this is a menial task at all, but all this was just found within a few minutes.
Anyway, thanks for all your work so far, and I truly hope this tool makes it to a usable state at some point. OpenMW looks so promising from what I've seen, but I find myself sticking to Vanilla just because of the time I had put into my previous saves, which is what makes the importer tool so important.