"Archive 'Morrowind.bsa' not found"

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
VitalConflict

"Archive 'Morrowind.bsa' not found"

Post by VitalConflict »

So Morrowind was free yesterday, so I decided to download it onto my phone along with the OpenMW android app, so I could try it out. I have all the files, along with the Data Files folder. But when I try to path it from my phones storage (/storage/emulator/0/Download/Morrowind/Data Files) but I'm getting the same message every time. So what am I doing wrong? Is it the path I'm using? Or something else entirely? Bonus points If you know the exact pathing I'm supposed to use.

Extra Information:

Phone type: Samsung Galaxy J3V
Copy: Legitimate, not pirated
If you guys need any extra info, just holler!
ChrisHighwind

Re: "Archive 'Morrowind.bsa' not found"

Post by ChrisHighwind »

Try changing the "Data Files" folder to something like "data-files". It's probably the space in the last folder's name throwing things off.
ErinThestral

Re: "Archive 'Morrowind.bsa' not found"

Post by ErinThestral »

I did a lot of looking into this because the same thing happened to me. I also have a samsung phone, the samsung it seems has given basic names for the pathways that aren't actually accurate. You need something that will tell you the true file pathway names. To do this get a free file explore, I used ES File Explorer and look at what the pathway is and enter it. For example my actual pathway was "storage/0123-4567/MW/data-files" which was nothing like the pathway it looks like or the instructions tell you to put in.