Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Laicus

Re: Android part 2

Post by Laicus »

There is no apk.)
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Laicus wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 04:31
There is no apk.)
I've removed the apk because the build is broken, see https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/pull/2 ... -469094321
TelvanniNeophyte

Post by TelvanniNeophyte »

Hi!

First and formost, Morrowind is one of my favorite games of all time, and when I was randomly surfing around I saw a reference to the part 1(wip) post, and read through a solid chunk of it to see if this was legit, well maintained, and worth my time. I feel like it is and I need it in my life.

Now on to the reason I made this account, and why I'm posting.. I have a LG V30+, and while I know the hardware is up to snuff based on what I've read, my internal and sd storage both have spaces in the filenames, and a few searches on the forum and the wider web didnt really turn up a workaround. I'm getting Morrowind.bsa not found, so I have to assume the space is whats hurting me.

Any help is deeply appreciated!
pulion

Post by pulion »

xyzz wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 05:23
Laicus wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 04:31
There is no apk.)
I've removed the apk because the build is broken, see https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/pull/2 ... -469094321
I look forward to the new APK, after correcting all the errors. xyzz, thanks for the work done and support of the project!
Detharias

Post by Detharias »

xyzz wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 06:20
Detharias wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 05:25 So, I am wondering what to do with the symbols.7z file, it has probably been answered, but yeah, just wondering lol
It's for developers to debug crashes.
Alright, thanks for the reply, and definitely great work, performance is definitely increasing, only thing now is to get that water shader working again, but I'm super impressed, been here forever, I don't really post much anymore, at least not after I kinda played a part in the death of the first Android thread ( still sorry btw) but yeah
Detharias

Post by Detharias »

TelvanniNeophyte wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 06:13 Hi!

First and formost, Morrowind is one of my favorite games of all time, and when I was randomly surfing around I saw a reference to the part 1(wip) post, and read through a solid chunk of it to see if this was legit, well maintained, and worth my time. I feel like it is and I need it in my life.

Now on to the reason I made this account, and why I'm posting.. I have a LG V30+, and while I know the hardware is up to snuff based on what I've read, my internal and sd storage both have spaces in the filenames, and a few searches on the forum and the wider web didnt really turn up a workaround. I'm getting Morrowind.bsa not found, so I have to assume the space is whats hurting me.

Any help is deeply appreciated!
Yep, it's the spaces in the folder names, and directories that is tripping you up, I used to heavily mod the game, and certain mods actually look for the "Data Files) folder, so I feel your pain, but depending on your file browser all you should have to do is delete the spaces on all the folders along your file path, and you should be golden, alternatively you could try your luck with the .ini/config file, I have had very temporary luck with that, but do not recommend, as you can easily make the application unusable
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... 2019-03-04
- Updated OpenMW to 14c93b3df0f998163fd010c56c0a868831dc7b66

(See previous release for additional notes)
AbuMorrow

Post by AbuMorrow »

The development of the Android port of openmw is really fast now thanks to xyzz, now we have some really important features: the automatic crash report that will help the developers fix bugs, and the ability to have custom resolutions (one of the most requested features for this port).
But here's a question: will there ever be stable openmw android port releases? All of the current android port releases are just catching up to openmw nightlies but there isn't one that includes a final release of an openmw version (for example the final stable release of 0.43), is that on the roadmap or not? or will we have the stable releases once the port is fleshed out?
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

AbuMorrow wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 23:59 The development of the Android port of openmw is really fast now thanks to xyzz, now we have some really important features: the automatic crash report that will help the developers fix bugs, and the ability to have custom resolutions (one of the most requested features for this port).
But here's a question: will there ever be stable openmw android port releases? All of the current android port releases are just catching up to openmw nightlies but there isn't one that includes a final release of an openmw version (for example the final stable release of 0.43), is that on the roadmap or not? or will we have the stable releases once the port is fleshed out?
I do plan to provide stable builds (and put them on google play as well) once I consider this ready for release, however there's still a lot of work to do.
AbuMorrow

Post by AbuMorrow »

xyzz wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 01:31 I do plan to provide stable builds (and put them on google play as well) once I consider this ready for release, however there's still a lot of work to do.
I see, thanks for replying xyzz and Good luck on this project and know you're doing a great work so far.