I'm new, but was looking for help to know which versions of Morrowind work with android

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Spideyguy123

I'm new, but was looking for help to know which versions of Morrowind work with android

Post by Spideyguy123 »

Hello, I'm new here, and I saw that the steam version with all DLC is supported, but what about the game disk, (Like what is/was sold in stores)? would installation be different? I own a copy of the game, but I don't want to buy it again on steam just to play on android. Thanks, and sorry if this is answered somewhere else.
mojoswagger1980

Re: I'm new, but was looking for help to know which versions of Morrowind work with android

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

Spideyguy123 wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 16:32 Hello, I'm new here, and I saw that the steam version with all DLC is supported, but what about the game disk, (Like what is/was sold in stores)? would installation be different? I own a copy of the game, but I don't want to buy it again on steam just to play on android. Thanks, and sorry if this is answered somewhere else.
Any game of the year version works for sure. the original games might work but, all 3 would have to be installed as it checks for tribunal and bloodmoon. the GoG version also has all the official bethesda patches but you have to load them still. it really just saves time downloading if you wanted them in the first place. thats the only difference in Goty version. Steams and the bethesda retail are identical in terms of the data-files folder which is all openmw reads. i would guess the original games would look like steams too because bethesda never made an attempt to remaster, but i dont know for sure because i played it originally on xbox.
****edit**** to avoid any confusion, bethesda released 2 retails. the original games which would have been sold individually and the GotY edition which came bundled with all 3 games, the latter being far more common.