[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
mojoswagger1980

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

My FPS on Firemoth island = 6 :(
mojoswagger1980

Doubling Fix?

i was playing firemoth island (not the quest i was just clearing it to bring the npcs without getting them mopped) and there were a ton of skeletons, way more than i remembered, and i get to the part in the keep where you can team up with the khajit and theres 2 of him :( . can this be fixed in game with the console? its just the one npc on 1 island nothing else has been affected.
***edit****i must have copied and pasted the command line argument ....an additional time. sorry.
mojoswagger1980

Super Sketchy Way to change device screen resolution (root required)

Finally got the device itself change its screen resolution (not dpi). the app followed suit =). all i needed was terminal. aquire superuser privledges then enter "wm size 600x800" then launch the app. ****it was necessary to reduce magnification under new resolution or its unplayable***""

this isnt by any means recommended. if your device couldnt handle the resolution it would crash the systemui. you would have to correct it with adb shell. which is the better method as it does not require root. backup your device before doing anything of this nature. and while i do care, i am not in anyway responsible for anything you choose to do to your device.
mojoswagger1980

Re: Super Sketchy Way to change device screen resolution (root required)

mojoswagger1980 wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 00:15 Finally got the device itself change its screen resolution (not dpi). the app followed suit =). all i needed was terminal. aquire superuser privledges then enter "wm size 600x800" then launch the app. ****it was necessary to reduce magnification under new resolution or its unplayable***""

this isnt by any means recommended. if your device couldnt handle the resolution it would crash the systemui. you would have to correct it with adb shell. which is the better method as it does not require root. backup your device before doing anything of this nature. and while i do care, i am not in anyway responsible for anything you choose to do to your device.
i got it to sit pretty sweet at 720x1280. i went ahead and re-enabled instancing and it hasnt crashed on the new resolution which is half of what the default was (1440x2560) it didnt really help to set it 600x800 because it still insist upon the 16:9 aspect ratio and my device doesnt really like any resolution change below 720x1280. it cannot use all the screen to composite imahes at lower resolution so it allocates the center and it looks like a tiny phone screen on a bigger phone :( but 720 is pretty good. nice pick up in fps went ahead and put it at 60 in the settings.cfg and we will see how it does under these settings and report back.

and aspect ratio for the win. aspect ratio would be the defining rule behind screen resolution (was news to me) any screen is only capable of resolution its aspect ratio can be correctly displayed at so any resolution 16:9 (im assuming everyone?)sits stable on seem to work . i would think lower would be better but thats only true to a point which is different for all devices . at this point decreasing resolution had no impact on performance and would be the sweet spot to aim for if your trying the above
Last edited by mojoswagger1980 on 31 Aug 2018, 03:52, edited 1 time in total.
csombek

Post by csombek »

Disabling preload in settings.ini made the crashes dissapear :)
mojoswagger1980

csombek wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 21:03 Disabling preload in settings.ini made the crashes dissapear :)
you meant .cfg. openmw doesnt use the .ini extension .
csombek

Post by csombek »

Yes, yes setting.cfg. Also unfortunatelly you can't remove custom spells. But even if you could, removing everything and making a unified version of every spell (wich is like 18 spells becouse of the 8 effect/spell limit) is a pain in the ass. I took me like 1-2 hour.
mojoswagger1980

csombek wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 10:28 Yes, yes setting.cfg. Also unfortunatelly you can't remove custom spells. But even if you could, removing everything and making a unified version of every spell (wich is like 18 spells becouse of the 8 effect/spell limit) is a pain in the ass. I took me like 1-2 hour.
i think you can remove spells but it has to be done via console as the hotkey to do it isnt implemented yet.
mojoswagger1980

Ummmmmm

i can no longer save my game . i just played like a good 60 minute session and went to save the game. it says cannot save game write memory stream . i checked and made sure the app had permisdion to write to storage and it does. im at a loss of what to do :( . does anyone know what causes this ? i haven't added anything new . theres is nothing in the game log . i am seriously stumped. any help would be greatly appreciated.
mojoswagger1980

Re: Ummmmmm

mojoswagger1980 wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 18:26 i can no longer save my game . i just played like a good 60 minute session and went to save the game. it says cannot save game write memory stream . i checked and made sure the app had permisdion to write to storage and it does. im at a loss of what to do :( . does anyone know what causes this ? i haven't added anything new . theres is nothing in the game log . i am seriously stumped. any help would be greatly appreciated.
**Edit**problem seems to have stopped, i would still be very interested to know any information regarding the above . Its pretty bizarre that it trigger an error message on screen but not register it in the game log.