[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
mojoswagger1980

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

csombek wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 13:29 Thank you! I was waiting for this for a very long time. Other than the water surface and crashes when entering a location it's perfect. Modding is tricky but it's worth the time. I use like 30 mods and it's still perfectly stable. The only frustrating thing is that I can't change the scale of the windows and can't search on the map. Also something could be changed with the attack button because after drawing a bow it's impossible to change the direction of the arrow. I play on samsung galaxy s7 and the fps is okay, so all in all great work!
Hey how are you getting the .bsa to register? i tried --falback_archive (mod name).bsa as an argument. i tried manually overwrite all the config files and the
games .ini (but i dont think the port uses the games .ini unlike the pc version because it and everything else outside the data-files folder can be deleted and openmw still launches and runs). anyway i got all the bethsda patches that came with my copy of the game (GoG version they are bundled with it but not installed) so i know patching/modding is possible via command line argument but i have been unable to get .bsa to register as fallback archives and was hoping you'd fill me in on what you did to get them to install.
csombek

Post by csombek »

mojoswagger1980 wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 21:31
csombek wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 13:29 Thank you! I was waiting for this for a very long time. Other than the water surface and crashes when entering a location it's perfect. Modding is tricky but it's worth the time. I use like 30 mods and it's still perfectly stable. The only frustrating thing is that I can't change the scale of the windows and can't search on the map. Also something could be changed with the attack button because after drawing a bow it's impossible to change the direction of the arrow. I play on samsung galaxy s7 and the fps is okay, so all in all great work!
Hey how are you getting the .bsa to register? i tried --falback_archive (mod name).bsa as an argument. i tried manually overwrite all the config files and the
games .ini (but i dont think the port uses the games .ini unlike the pc version because it and everything else outside the data-files folder can be deleted and openmw still launches and runs). anyway i got all the bethsda patches that came with my copy of the game (GoG version they are bundled with it but not installed) so i know patching/modding is possible via command line argument but i have been unable to get .bsa to register as fallback archives and was hoping you'd fill me in on what you did to get them to install.
The only mod wich requires .bsa for me is tamriel rebuild. For that frst I followed the instruction on the mod page (edited morrowind.ini in the game directory),and then I edited the openmw.cfg in the app directory like this:
fallback-archive=Morrowind.bsa
fallback-archive=Tribunal.bsa
fallback-archive=Bloodmoon.bsa
fallback-archive=PT_Data.bsa
fallback-archive=TR_Data.bsa

data=/storage/emulated/0/morrowind/datafiles
content=Morrowind.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Tamriel_Data.esm
content=TR_Mainland.esm
content=TR_Mainland_1709_hotfix4.esp
content=TR_Mainland_1709_hotfix5.esp
content=TR_Preview.esp
content=TR_Travels.esp
content=TR_Factions.esp
resources=/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/resources
(In data= and resources= add your own game directory and app directory path)
mojoswagger1980

Really? Hmmmm i know i did that , besides the .ini file isnt used it doesnt ever need to be on the device so i guess thanks anyway for the quick reply. I tried modding it on pc and transferring data but like i pretty much suspected it modifies the binary used to launch the game and patching does nothing if it doesnt get patched . Did you just extract into the data folder telling it to skip the files already present? Theres no install wizard lol and i beleive that has to be merged (Tamriel Rebuilt) with data filder you couldnt just overwrite or it would mess up the game right? Gratz btw man far as i know thats a first.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Just tried it out. Though the set up was a bit rough, the actual feat of ability to play Morrowind at an acceptable framerate on a phone without making much mind work is incredible. Kudos to you, xyzz!

Is this the future we deserve?
mojoswagger1980

csombek wrote: 02 Jun 2018, 15:26
The only mod wich requires .bsa for me is tamriel rebuild. For that frst I followed the instruction on the mod page (edited morrowind.ini in the game directory),and then I edited the openmw.cfg in the app directory like this:

content=Morrowind.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Tamriel_Data.esm
content=TR_Mainland.esm
content=TR_Preview.esp
content=TR_Travels.esp
content=TR_Factions.esp
If you got a working java emulator for android please share!!!!
mojoswagger1980

csombek wrote: 02 Jun 2018, 15:26
games .ini (but i dont think the port uses the games .ini unlike the pc version (because it and everything else outside the data-files folder can be deleted and openmw still launches and runs). anyway i got all the bethsda patches that came with my copy of the game (GoG version they are bundled with it but not installed) so i know patching/modding is possible via command line argument but i have been unable to get .bsa to register as fallback archives and was hoping you'd fill me in on what you did to get them to install.

content=Morrowind.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Tamriel_Data.esm
content=TR_Mainland.esm
content=TR_Preview.esp
content=TR_Travels.esp
content=TR_Factions.esp
sorry about the multi posts but i forgot. assuming i figure out how to use the jre patch rebuilt uses, what argument did you use to assign fallback archives? theres no data tab lol i got the --content (file name).esm/esp used to load the master/patch but manually registering the .bsa file has proved unsuccessfull and maybe im entering the wrong argument .
krlsrrll

Post by krlsrrll »

I have a bit of a strange one ...

I am trying to run this on an Amazon Fire 10.1 and I can get it to load with the '--skip-menu 1' custom command line but:

- I go straight into the game as a dark elf called 'player', I am in the ashlands being attacked by a skamp and I have no equipment so I die

- If I then try starting a new game it drops me straight out

- I can only run Glesv2, if I try v1 it says 'Failed to create GraphicsContent'

Hope someone can help as this was to be my holiday entertainment in the Isle of Wight later this year!!!
csombek

Post by csombek »

First I don't know what a working java emulator is. I merged the game data files and tamriel rebuilt data files on pc and throught the 12 hours playtime I encountered no bugs in vardenfell nor in the mainland. I just copied the whole morrowind folder from pc to phone after I finished modding it (However it can be modded using only the phone). In the openmw.cfg you will find "fallback-archive=Morrowind.bsa" in the top, you have to register the tamriel rebuilt bsa using the same formula, like i said in the previous post. And in the bottom there will be the esm files "content=..." (there you can write down your load order and don't forget to include tribunal and bloodmoon. Above them will be a "data=?" or something which you will have to specify (it's the path to your data files directory). I just followed the instructions from a guy in page 8.
mojoswagger1980

krlsrrll wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 20:48 I have a bit of a strange one ...

I am trying to run this on an Amazon Fire 10.1 and I can get it to load with the '--skip-menu 1' custom command line but:

- I go straight into the game as a dark elf called 'player', I am in the ashlands being attacked by a skamp and I have no equipment so I die

- If I then try starting a new game it drops me straight out

- I can only run Glesv2, if I try v1 it says 'Failed to create GraphicsContent'

Hope someone can help as this was to be my holiday entertainment in the Isle of Wight later this year!!!
Hmmmm. Are you rooted? i wonder if gltools would help? but for the sake of argument ill assume you are not.....in which case hmmmmm idk maybe try an earlier version the app https://github.com/xyzz/android-port/releases/.And as afterthought i wonder if its cutscenes at the beggining thats preventing you from just starting. I own the GoG version it plays the opening scenes so would the steam most likely but my friend made iso rips of the original disc and they do not play the cut scenes because originally you had to have disc into play the game anyway so they dont install saved space. Not sure if any of this wil be of any use but i hope you get it working. oh the console in game ....why didnt i start at this? Ok so your a dark elf thats getting murdered by a scamp can you acesss the keyboard ? If it will deploy hit the tilde key (~) and check the openmw wiki for all the commands. You should be able to litteraly do anything from the console including character creation. if you cannot deploy the ingame keyboard install hackers keyboard go into its options and enable permanent notification and you can deploy it via the notification and im sure it has tilde :). Best of luck hope you get it working.
Last edited by mojoswagger1980 on 06 Jun 2018, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
mojoswagger1980

csombek wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 22:58 First I don't know what a working java emulator is. I merged the game data files and tamriel rebuilt data files on pc and throught the 12 hours playtime I encountered no bugs in vardenfell nor in the mainland. I just copied the whole morrowind folder from pc to phone after I finished modding it (However it can be modded using only the phone). In the openmw.cfg you will find "fallback-archive=Morrowind.bsa" in the top, you have to register the tamriel rebuilt bsa using the same formula, like i said in the previous post. And in the bottom there will be the esm files "content=..." (there you can write down your load order and don't forget to include tribunal and bloodmoon. Above them will be a "data=?" or something which you will have to specify (it's the path to your data files directory). I just followed the instructions from a guy in page 8.
JRE4A (java runtime emulator for android) e.g. and that was actually a mistype. The mod only needs to be java patched to restore save game. what i want to know is what are you doing to get the data files to load in the app. You must be using a command line argument how else would the app know to load them, right? It will only load morrowind.esm bloodmoon.esm tribunal.esm by default.on the pc you get a data-files tab that lets you select these files and the order they need to load in that isnt present in the android app as of yet. So to load all the bethesda patches that come bundled with the GoG version of the game i used the following command --content morrowind.esm bloodmoon.esm tribunal.esm then all the .esp files. The ones with any spacing had to be renamed like the data-files folder to omit them. on the load screen in game i can see the new patch names popup and load confirming the patches installed, but for whatever reason i cant get TamRebuilt to do the same . ill check out page 8. i apologize i should have started from the beggining of forum and i did but the post werent really relevant to the current app. Thanks again