[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Breuake

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by Breuake »

Hello there, that is quite an impressive job you did, bravo, i didn't think i'd see the days when people would be able to play Morrowind on a portable device.

Well, since i'm here i still got one question, were any of you able to use a PS4 controller with this app ? ( Using a OnePlus3 here ) It is detected for sure since i can use some buttons ( mainly "X", "O", R1 and R2 but nothing else, even the analog sticks aren't working, any clues why ? Thanks for your time in advance.
nodisknofun

Post by nodisknofun »

Breuake wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 01:06 Hello there, that is quite an impressive job you did, bravo, i didn't think i'd see the days when people would be able to play Morrowind on a portable device.

Well, since i'm here i still got one question, were any of you able to use a PS4 controller with this app ? ( Using a OnePlus3 here ) It is detected for sure since i can use some buttons ( mainly "X", "O", R1 and R2 but nothing else, even the analog sticks aren't working, any clues why ? Thanks for your time in advance.
Hey there,
I used sixaxis App and a Touchprofile to do that. Also i Set transparence to 100% for all Buttons. But as You can read in my Last Post it does only work till march Version, because of the changing of the joystick behaviour. If You want to to i could Upload that Profile for You.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

New release:

- Implemented a new keyboard overlay. Instead of popping a dialog, an overlayed keyboard is used now. This also fixes the console
- Added an option to force simpler collision box for actors. In my tests this improved physics performance by about 2x (at the cost of possibly unplayable game). You will need to reset configuration files once for the option to take effect.
- Fixed debug text rendering
- Fixed the issue where the virtual mouse cursor was displayed in the wrong position (offset to the right)
- Reverted to old (pre-534f3ef0947adf73c334d885f7360d8cead95e69) default window layouts
iSynic

Post by iSynic »

I'm really impressed. Just downloaded the latest release and installed it on my Shield Android TV.

Can I ask, is it possible to bring up the keyboard from a gamepad (maybe clicking both sticks)? I tried naming my character but couldn't get it to come up.

*Edit* Just so I could see how far I could get in, I plugged in a USB keyboard. It usually crashes as soon as I get exit the boat to outdoors. Scrolling through the thread now to see how I can send you the log files.
Last edited by iSynic on 08 Apr 2018, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Breuake

Post by Breuake »

nodisknofun wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 04:48
Breuake wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 01:06 Hello there, that is quite an impressive job you did, bravo, i didn't think i'd see the days when people would be able to play Morrowind on a portable device.

Hey there,
I used sixaxis App and a Touchprofile to do that. Also i Set transparence to 100% for all Buttons. But as You can read in my Last Post it does only work till march Version, because of the changing of the joystick behaviour. If You want to to i could Upload that Profile for You.
Hello, i would be really interested by your sixaxis prfile yes, if you could upload it that would be really kind
synapt3c

Post by synapt3c »

I would also be interested in the sixaxis profile for the Dual Shock 4. Though I'd much prefer a way to get it to work natively with OpenMW directly.
Sonny101

Post by Sonny101 »

Played it for 2-3 hours today on my LG Nexus 5X (Android 8.1)
-the only crash I've encountered was ONCE while entering a building in Seyda Neen
-found one bug that I couldn't reproduce after restarting the game ( https://imgur.com/a/TOKeQ )
-as others have mentioned, weird water
-FPS in cities is pretty bad (10-20 FPS) but outside is pretty smooth
-interiors are nearly always super smooth

I have one question though: is it possible to add a toggle button in-game to hide the app UI? it's hard to read books and item descriptions...
otherwise, REALLY good job! thanks so much for this port
nodisknofun

Post by nodisknofun »

synapt3c wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 23:49 I would also be interested in the sixaxis profile for the Dual Shock 4. Though I'd much prefer a way to get it to work natively with OpenMW directly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iby2Yh ... p=drivesdk

There You Go. Place it in /sdcard/data/com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller/profiles
MistFuror

Post by MistFuror »

Awesome work, I am absolutely astonished by the fact that you managed to port Morrowind to android.

However, I've been having troubles with it. I can start the game, everything works fine till it's time to exit the starting ship. Every time I try to exit (use the trapdoor, the door opening sound plays till half), the app crashes.

Here are the logs I grabbed:
Spoiler: Show
synapt3c

Post by synapt3c »

MistFuror wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 20:33 However, I've been having troubles with it. I can start the game, everything works fine till it's time to exit the starting ship. Every time I try to exit (use the trapdoor, the door opening sound plays till half), the app crashes.
Try to set the graphics library to GLESv2 in the launcher That should also help with the water looking weird.

For those with performance problems, you can try setting the physics FPS to 30 and enabling the Simple collision boxes.

Also, does anyone know if you can change the in-game resolution somehow? Maybe via config files?

And thanks for the sixaxis profile, will get right on testing that.