[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Gerbecp

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by Gerbecp »

Error

Archive morrowind bsa not found...
Can anyone help me with this?
Muramasa66

Post by Muramasa66 »

Gerbecp wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 13:38 Error

Archive morrowind bsa not found...
Can anyone help me with this?
This is from the OP:

"On your device, launch the application, select "Path to game data files" and enter manually your path (so /sdcard/mw/data-files/ for me).". Make sure the morrowind.bsa is in that directory.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Okay, I'm pretty happy with the new controls now so I'm pushing a new release:

- Release apks now use -O3 and LTO for a bit of extra performance.
- Joystick controls were changed a lot
- Updated gl4es to e33923fc0320dc792d01bac0d8a5225fba929bfd
- Updated bullet to 2.87
- Updated openmw to c6abec1e5136e607bcc8f19c942af2a8bd29c953
HeadClot

Post by HeadClot »

Hey got a question about the android port of OpenMW.

Does it support controllers?
Michaelhanesh

Post by Michaelhanesh »

First let me congratulate you in doing such an awesome job, It is truly something i have dreamed for years

I tested this release and the last one on a samsung s4 android 5.01 and lenovo k5 android 5, it launches pretty well, i get 30 fps indoors but for some reason jiub doesnt talk to me or ask me my name and the guard arrives but then does nothing, i dont think is a crash as i can keep moving the camera but not much else. Somebody already posted a similar problem but i dont think anybody answered
Im using the gog version with the expansions. Is that the problem?

Anyway thank you very much, would love to keep testing other features if this has a fix
Vice09

Post by Vice09 »

xyzz wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 01:28 Okay, I'm pretty happy with the new controls now so I'm pushing a new release:

- Release apks now use -O3 and LTO for a bit of extra performance.
- Joystick controls were changed a lot
- Updated gl4es to e33923fc0320dc792d01bac0d8a5225fba929bfd
- Updated bullet to 2.87
- Updated openmw to c6abec1e5136e607bcc8f19c942af2a8bd29c953
thank you very much. I admire your commitment ;)
Michaelhanesh

Post by Michaelhanesh »

Michaelhanesh wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 05:31 First let me congratulate you in doing such an awesome job, It is truly something i have dreamed for years

I tested this release and the last one on a samsung s4 android 5.01 and lenovo k5 android 5, it launches pretty well, i get 30 fps indoors but for some reason jiub doesnt talk to me or ask me my name and the guard arrives but then does nothing, i dont think is a crash as i can keep moving the camera but not much else. Somebody already posted a similar problem but i dont think anybody answered
Im using the gog version with the expansions. Is that the problem?

Anyway thank you very much, would love to keep testing other features if this has a fix
Sooo... i fixed it, to anyone with the same problem you need to download and install in the morrowind folder the Better Dialogue Font and XE Sky Variations that OP specified on the original post, in retrospective it was pretty dumb of me of not realizing that, but if you have the same problem there it is

In my very low (for today) devices it runs pretty well, on exteriors is a bit choppy but totally playable
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 00:01 Bear in mind that there are some design decisions in master-branch OSG (especially in versions after 3.5) that can cause a significant performance impact with OpenMW, hence why we have our own fork. If you happen to know which specific changes make OSG 3.5.10 work better than OSG-on-steroids, it would be beneficial if you could backport them to our fork instead of making the Android port reliant on something which other platforms avoid by default.
FWIW I tested both upstream and OpenMW OpenSceneGraph and couldn't see any performance improvement from OpenMW's fork.
nodisknofun

Post by nodisknofun »

Hey,

First of thank You for Your Work.
Seconds is that till You changed joystick behaviour You breaked my sixaxis Touch Profile, because it now acts like a Mouse and Not Like a joystick. IT would bei nice If You could add that behaviour as in App settings.

Thanks again for that amazing work