Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Laicus

Re: Android part 2

Post by Laicus »

reddragon72 wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 18:07 Can you make it so we can change resolution?
You can change resolution in launcher, in section "User interface" string "custom resolution".
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

reddragon72 wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 18:07
xyzz wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 02:56 https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... 2019-04-24
- New improved UI controls allow for absolute mouse emulation instead of previously touchpad-like
- Added a button to delete spells
- Fixed some cursor-related bugs where the cursor would get cropped near bottom of the screen
- Changed main menu layout a little
- Changed the look of the joysticks
- Updated OpenMW to 7941fd67801295a74b21b9e7929cbbab4a60e950
Can you make the mouse style selectable?
Can you make it so we can add and remove buttons?
Can you make it so we can change button icons?
Can you make it so we can change resolution?

No biggie if you say no. I might fork it and see what I can do.
I don't plan to work on any of these, well other than the last one which is already implemented as mentioned above.
Tecumseh1976

Post by Tecumseh1976 »

With the new apk, any time you go to the menu or enter a new zone the weapon quick slots turns off. Does that make sense?
wcthomas88

Post by wcthomas88 »

I'd like to second having the option to change how the mouse works, if it doesn't already exist in some way.

Being able to move the mouse with the stick, then tap anywhere to "click", is really helpful on a smaller screen with the UI being the way it is. It feels clunky sometimes but overall is much easier to use than having to tap directly on whichever element I'm trying to use.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Tecumseh1976 wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 22:09 With the new apk, any time you go to the menu or enter a new zone the weapon quick slots turns off. Does that make sense?
It will be fixed in the next build.
wcthomas88 wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 22:16 I'd like to second having the option to change how the mouse works, if it doesn't already exist in some way.

Being able to move the mouse with the stick, then tap anywhere to "click", is really helpful on a smaller screen with the UI being the way it is. It feels clunky sometimes but overall is much easier to use than having to tap directly on whichever element I'm trying to use.
You can already do that, use the attack button to click.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... 2019-04-26
- Fixed visibility issues with FN/QP buttons
- Disabled touchscreen mouse control outside of menus to prevent accidental camera movements
- Minor UI improvements
- Updated OpenMW to b77bd9cf9b06bfa1be2eac59390e8d4744fcd2e9
AbuMorrow

Post by AbuMorrow »

I like all the new UI improvements, and how openmw is a lot smother than before, the best new thing is the delete spell button tho, you're doing a great job xyzz and the devs.
Loki0311

Post by Loki0311 »

First off, big thanks to the entire openMW team, love all your work

That said, I am experiencing a puzzling issue. My framerate (exterior) is stuck below ~15fps and I can't seem to boost it no matter what I change. Interior fps pushes 100 regularly. 100% vanilla GoTY data files. Latest version of openMW.

The bottleneck according to the monitor appears to be "draw", but I'm not sure how to address that. The other bars on the monitor line graph are all below 50%, but draw is completely maxed (will post screenshot when able). Enabling/disabling preload had no effect, raising/lowering resolution had no effect, adjusting draw distance had no effect, changing physics FPS had no effect, changing collision box had no effect.

My device is a Nexus 5x with a 6 core CPU (each core @ 1.8GHz) ... my assumption was that it should be maxing FPS everywhere in vanilla. I'm pretty sure I just have something configured wrong.

Speaking of configs, any time I make changes to either of my config files, once I launch the app they are overwritten to default. I have been making changes in settings.cfg and settings-default.cfg but the changes are not captured. I've even tried changing the cfg files on my PC and then sideloading them onto the phone, but they get overwritten when I launch the app. Has anyone seen/solved this before?
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Loki0311 wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 20:45 First off, big thanks to the entire openMW team, love all your work

That said, I am experiencing a puzzling issue. My framerate (exterior) is stuck below ~15fps and I can't seem to boost it no matter what I change. Interior fps pushes 100 regularly. 100% vanilla GoTY data files. Latest version of openMW.

The bottleneck according to the monitor appears to be "draw", but I'm not sure how to address that. The other bars on the monitor line graph are all below 50%, but draw is completely maxed (will post screenshot when able). Enabling/disabling preload had no effect, raising/lowering resolution had no effect, adjusting draw distance had no effect, changing physics FPS had no effect, changing collision box had no effect.

My device is a Nexus 5x with a 6 core CPU (each core @ 1.8GHz) ... my assumption was that it should be maxing FPS everywhere in vanilla. I'm pretty sure I just have something configured wrong.

Speaking of configs, any time I make changes to either of my config files, once I launch the app they are overwritten to default. I have been making changes in settings.cfg and settings-default.cfg but the changes are not captured. I've even tried changing the cfg files on my PC and then sideloading them onto the phone, but they get overwritten when I launch the app. Has anyone seen/solved this before?
If your settings are being overwritten every time, you're not using the latest version of the apk. Check the version you've installed.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... 2019-04-27
- New "Mods..." menu is implemented through which you can enable, disable or reorder plugins and resource files. Just place your mods into the data files directory and choose "Mods..." in the main menu to configure them.
- Updated OpenMW to cf85f00045b2d0c6ddbbc02befc6cf434fcbfd94

(You might have to reset your configuration files. Shall you encounter any issues, click "menu->Reset configuration files" to do so)