Touchscreen left analog stick/ movement stuck

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
thunderV78

Touchscreen left analog stick/ movement stuck

Post by thunderV78 »

The touchscreen left analog stick isnt working. I can move the camera , talk, crouch, but cannot move. However on connecting an external keyboard my character can move. I request some assistance to fix the touchscreen movement problem
mojoswagger1980

Re: Touchscreen left analog stick/ movement stuck

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

thunderV78 wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 17:08 The touchscreen left analog stick isnt working. I can move the camera , talk, crouch, but cannot move. However on connecting an external keyboard my character can move. I request some assistance to fix the touchscreen movement problem
maybe one of the other widgets is blocking it. i use a ps4 controller so i cant say that its happened to me, but i remember some of the widgets being close enough on the left side to overlap when i was shrinking/hiding my controls. the other thought is did you try resetting the controls? top right corner of launcher 3dot menu. it has both configuring and reset option. since you said it did work at some point im leaning toward reset. i think overlap would have been evident out the gate but maybe not until you fill hotbar.
Remtver

Post by Remtver »

I got the same trouble. Xiaomi Redmi 5plus 4/64, Android 8. All works fine except left virtual pad. It doesn't move character. I tried to assign (in game menu Controls) move forward on another onscreen button and the char moved fine. Gboard is on English Qwerty. It is ok... Please help... :cry:
Remtver

Post by Remtver »

By the way when I try to assign controls with opened Gboard only cursor keys works,none of the Letter keys. Maybe I should try to install another virtual keyboard?
Zanarkan

Post by Zanarkan »

First check if this⬇ is working for you.
Open the apk (openmw.apk).
Look up right side see the white circle (3).
Touch it and open ➡ configure on-screen controls
Next touch ➡ reset to defaults

If this is not working follow this step.⤵

N°1~ Download the latest apk (if you are not already have it).

N°2 ~ Do a fresh install of openmw.
Uninstall the apk and erase this folder ➖ - com.libopenmw.openmwin - ➖
Located here ➡ - android/data
before you install the latest Apk.

Hope this will help.
Tell me if this is working for you.
Remtver

Post by Remtver »

No. It doesn't work((
thunderV78

Post by thunderV78 »

I tried resetting, downloaded the latest version, downloaded older versions, yet left stick doesnt work.

P.S. I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 phone
mojoswagger1980

Remtver wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 10:27 By the way when I try to assign controls with opened Gboard only cursor keys works,none of the Letter keys. Maybe I should try to install another virtual keyboard?
Why would you try to install controls with gboard? Its not like your going to play with a virtual keyboard, what was the issue with the built in keyboard? I guess I dont understand what it is your trying to do, i mapped all the controls to a ps4 controller (minus quickload and the virtual keyboard, the latter doesnt really count but i do still touch it to deploy) by assigning the keys/joystick buttons with a third party app prior to assigning them with the games built in keymapper which worked flawlessly even using a mix of keyboard/gamepad buttons. I take it your trying to do somthing similiar, maybe? What exactly are you attempting to map to? And why gboard? I mean its not bad but isnt really meant to be gamed with.
mojoswagger1980

thunderV78 wrote: 17 Oct 2018, 16:28 I tried resetting, downloaded the latest version, downloaded older versions, yet left stick doesnt work.

P.S. I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 phone
Try moving the autorun key and any of the function keys near the stick. it might be triggering an overlapping widget. are you attempting to map the analog stick? If so its not mapped as keyboard keys, its set as a gamepad. I didnt have to map analogs on my controller they were already mapped correctly. You did see the option to configure controller? If yes, did you remap the left stick with the keyboard and unmapp it as the analog stick it is by default ? If no, try resetting the keymapping and just leave it as an analog .....you really shouldnt have needed to remap controls to play with the touchscreen so i wonder if you have conflicting mappings.
StayMagical

Post by StayMagical »

It's not like stick itself doesn't work. It reacts perfectly to every input as evidenced by green circle inside. Problem is not in layout, but in fact, that stick is not mapped at all and doesn't send any input to game.