Request --> Script/engine extension - get number of PCs in cell/area

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
silentthief

Request --> Script/engine extension - get number of PCs in cell/area

Post by silentthief »

(I wasn't sure where to put this request, assumed TES multiplayer development - so threw it here as it seemed most appropriate. Admins/Moderators -- feel free to move to proper forum if needed, no questions asked)

Anyhow -- What I am asking for is basically what the title says. I wanted to have a script that would return the number of players in the cell, if this is not already available (haven't tried any scripting since before the openMW project, and I want to get back into it and this was an idea that I had for multiplayer scripting).

The Reason for this would be to be able to adjust difficulty on-the-fly for any raid-style parties going into an area. As in, returning a value of the number of players in an area so the mod maker can raise the difficulty if there are more than one player in the area

ST the requester
AnyOldName3

Re: Request --> Script/engine extension - get number of PCs in cell/area

Post by AnyOldName3 »

That's probably something that needs to go directly to the TES3MP devs unless you want to create the pull request yourself. You might need to go via their discord instead of just this subforum, as I don't know how often they actually check it.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 17:28 That's probably something that needs to go directly to the TES3MP devs unless you want to create the pull request yourself. You might need to go via their discord instead of just this subforum, as I don't know how often they actually check it.
Right on, will do

ST
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

For future reference: