ip error firewall blocking ? or ports are wrong?

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
wesker

ip error firewall blocking ? or ports are wrong?

Post by wesker »

"either the ip address is wrong or a firewall on either system is blocking udp packets,

this is the error i keep getting when i start up my server , ive followed the settings and ported them too , check firewalls and everything is okay ,
but im still getting the error , what am i doing wrong ?

[General]
# The default localAddress of 0.0.0.0 makes the server reachable at all of its local addresses
localAddress = 0.0.0.0
port = 25564
maximumPlayers = 10
hostname = hosted game
# 0 - Verbose (spam), 1 - Info, 2 - Warnings, 3 - Errors, 4 - Only fatal errors
logLevel = 1
password = 1424

[Plugins]
home = ./mp-stuff
plugins = serverCore.lua

[MasterServer]
enabled = true
address = master.tes3mp.com
port = 25561
rate = 10000

i want to be able to play privately with my friends.
test 2.png
test 2.png (24.03 KiB) Viewed 14840 times
test 1.png
test 1.png (23.75 KiB) Viewed 14840 times
testman
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/testman42

Re: ip error firewall blocking ? or ports are wrong?

Post by testman »

Make sure that you entered the local IP of your server into the "Server IPv4 address" field.
wesker

Post by wesker »

i did put my IPV4 Address into the that slot , but what do you mean local ip of my server ? wouldn't that be 0.0.0.0 and wouldn't work ?
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

The "either the IP address is wrong or a firewall on either system is blocking UDP packets" error can't show up when you start your server. It can only show up when you start your client.

Can you please confirm that you've already started tes3mp-server when you try using tes3mp?
wesker

Post by wesker »

the client is working fine , but when i start up "tes3mp.exe" it cant connect and gives me the error , im trying to start up the server.
wesker

Post by wesker »

im trying to start up the server , when i open "tes3mp.exe" it tries to run and then i get the error message, i cant find out what is wrong , i tried checking firewalls and all my ports and ip , double checking all the steps and it just cant stop with the error , also using tes3mp 0.7 alpha.
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

"tes3mp.exe" is the client. "tes3mp-server.exe" is the server.

If "tes3mp-server.exe" is running, you can always use "tes3mp.exe" to connect to yourself if your destinationAddress in tes3mp-client-default.cfg is "localhost".
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

wesker wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 14:53 i did put my IPV4 Address into the that slot , but what do you mean local ip of my server ? wouldn't that be 0.0.0.0 and wouldn't work ?
I thought that local address was 128.0.0.1 - not 0.0.0.0. See if that helps.

ST
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

silentthief wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 16:06
wesker wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 14:53 i did put my IPV4 Address into the that slot , but what do you mean local ip of my server ? wouldn't that be 0.0.0.0 and wouldn't work ?
I thought that local address was 128.0.0.1 - not 0.0.0.0. See if that helps.

ST
There are two IPs you can set in the TES3MP config files.

There's the destinationAddress in the client config, which is the default IP you connect to when you run tes3mp.exe without the server browser. It's set to "localhost" by default (which ends up being parsed as 127.0.0.1), making it so you connect to yourself when you run it, if you have a local server already running.

Then there's the localAddress in the server config, which is the local IP of the server on the network interface you want it to be reachable on. It's set to "0.0.0.0" by default, making the server reachable on all of its local IPs.

If he uses the default values and starts the server first, he'll always be able to connect to himself.
wesker

Post by wesker »

Still being blocked , ive changed server to my IP , could it be my modem? , i really just want to create a private server for me and friends to play over the internet and not locally.