Add-on to enhance TES3MP PC ressurrection system.

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
Ptatakokwa

Add-on to enhance TES3MP PC ressurrection system.

Post by Ptatakokwa »

# Last Stand OpenMW add-on.
## Problem.
Sometimes when a player party is clearing a dungeon, some of their characters die. They then resurrect at a shrine, usually far away from other players. Teleporting them back or even worse walking them back can be intrusive and break the flow. This add-on I post here aims to help with this issue.
## Function.
When a player character is below 25% of their max health, they will enter Last Stand mode for 30 seconds. While under the effect, they will remain incapacitated. However, their health will not drop below certain limit. The limit is at least 50 health or 25% of max health. If the incapacitated character is healed to triple the amount of last stand health limit, they are considered "rescued". Rescued characters get back up. If the Last Stand effect expires normally, player control will be restored, but health regeneration will stop. The Last Stand effect can occur at most once a minute.
## Requirements.
OpenMW or TES3MP with Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
## Known issues.
1. Sometimes a player character will become invulnerable. Only happened once and I am not even sure if this is the add-on's fault. Relogging fixes the issue.
2. Sometimes characters with low maximum health will die while incapacitated. This is partially intentional. However, I recognize it as an issue and seek to solve it.
3. If character's maximum health is below 150 points, they cannot be rescued. This is tied to issue #2. I can't think of a solution yet. If I make health limit relative to max health, then characters with low max health are even more vulnerable to dying while incapacitated.
## Download.
Version 1.0.0:
laststand-1.0.0.rar
(2.98 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
## Source.
Spoiler: Show
Bonehurtingjuice

Re: Add-on to enhance TES3MP PC ressurrection system.

Post by Bonehurtingjuice »

Tested and works great. A perfect alternative to /teleport commands after wipes, which somewhat distracted from the experience.
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

Well done. As an alternative, here's how to revive dying players by activating them, in serverside Lua.

(For reference, I'm not really a co-author, I just answered their questions of how to do it.)
Ptatakokwa

Post by Ptatakokwa »

davidcernat wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 15:09 Well done. As an alternative, here's how to revive dying players by activating them, in serverside Lua.

(For reference, I'm not really a co-author, I just answered their questions of how to do it.)
Thank you for sharing this solution. It is so much better than what I posted, in theory. Going to try it sometime.