TES3MP on Red Hat

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
Cartifer

TES3MP on Red Hat

Post by Cartifer »

Hi,
I am having technical problems running TES3MP on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation, Release 6.9. OpenMW is already installed and playable without problems.

What I have done so far:
  1. Downloaded release 0.6.2 for GNU/Linux from https://github.com/TES3MP/openmw-tes3mp/releases.
  2. Unzipped into a new folder called TES3MP.
When I try to run any file like "./tes3mp-browser" or "./openmw-launcher" I an error message, and it is the same for all files:
Spoiler: Show
Using "find . -name libQt5Widgets.so.5" tells me that there is no file named "libQt5Widgets.so.5" in the TES3MP folder. So why is tes3mp looking for it? I tried release 0.6.1 and got similar errors.

Possibly relevant: There is a SO thread about this error message, but with no good answer.
akortunov

Re: TES3MP on Red Hat

Post by akortunov »

Cartifer wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 15:38 why is tes3mp looking for it?
Because launcher, editor, etc. use Qt. TES3MP builds linked against Qt5, so you need to install it if you want to use these apps.
Otherwise you can look for TES3MP builds with Qt4, if there are any.
The game itself does not use Qt.
Cartifer

Post by Cartifer »

akortunov wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 18:02 TES3MP builds linked against Qt5, so you need to install it if you want to use these apps.
Unfortunately I don't have installation privileges.
akortunov wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 18:02 Otherwise you can look for TES3MP builds with Qt4, if there are any.
I don't think there are any. This issue suggests that TES3MP has required Qt5.5 for a year.

Does anybody have the Qt5 libraries for Red Hat 6 or CentOS 6? They should be named "libQt5something.so.x".
Cartifer

Post by Cartifer »

Update: I have installed Qt5 on CentOS 6 in VirtualBox, in order to obtain the necessary .so.x (x=[1..9]) files. However, I can't seem to find the necessary files in /usr/lib64/qt5, only some .so files. Does anyone know where Qt5 puts its .so.x files?
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Cartifer wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 18:38 Does anyone know where Qt5 puts its .so.x files?
I'd suggest just to use the "find" console command.
Cartifer

Post by Cartifer »

akortunov wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 18:50 I'd suggest just to use the "find" console command.
"find" only gives me /usr/lib64/qt5/ . I did solve this error recently by unpacking (not installing) the relevant rpms into TES3MP/lib/ . For anyone with similar probems, these were the required rpm files:
tes3mp_rpms.rar
11 rpm files
(8.65 MiB) Downloaded 232 times

TES3MP/tes3mp now fails with a new error message about not finding GLIBC_2.18 . The latest version installed is 2.12, which is enough for OpenMW. Is there by any chance a version of TES3MP compiled against 2.12 or lower? If not, my strategy is to follow this SU answer.

Edit: I ended up building GLIBC_2.18 in a private folder, and symbolically linking to libc.so.6 from TES3MP/lib/ . This fixed all problems with finding GLIBC. The message when attempting to run TES3MP/tes3mp is now:
Spoiler: Show
Updating libpng and libgpg fixed removed the first two errors. Changing the libharfbuzz version doesn't remove the last error. "g_bytes_unref" is a glib (no c!) function added in glib 2.32 (source), and my installed version is 2.0. Time to build glib!