Server: Connection failed

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
Jeronymo

Server: Connection failed

Post by Jeronymo »

Hi , guys I have got a problem with my lan server , because when I start tes3mp.exe , he wrote : Connection failed
Either the IP adress is wrong or a firewall on either system si blocking UDP packets on the port you have chosen.
I have got a Hamachi IP , in tes3mp-client-default.cfg
Thanks for answer.
lysol

Re: PROBLEM.

Post by lysol »

Hi and welcome.

Two things:

1. "PROBLEM." is not a good thread title. No one will remember what this thread was about without reading through it again all the time.
2. You need to post this in TES3MP's part of the forums if you want good help. You're now posting in OpenMW's support, and the main OpenMW fork does not support multiplayer yet. A moderator can probably move this thread over there.
raevol

Re: Server: Connection failed

Post by raevol »

Topic moved and renamed.
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

Is the server running when you try to connect to it? If so, can you show me the contents of your tes3mp-client-default.cfg and tes3mp-server-default.cfg?
unelsson

Post by unelsson »

davidcernat wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 02:50Is the server running when you try to connect to it?
As mentioned above, that error message comes at least when the server is not running. To do that, start tes3mp-server if you want to have a private server or tes3mp-browser if you want to go on a public server.