TES3MP on Linux/Ubuntu

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
Lazarus

TES3MP on Linux/Ubuntu

Post by Lazarus »

Greetings. Can someone help me to install TES3MP on Ubuntu 16.04?
Capostrophic

Re: TES3MP on Linux/Ubuntu

Post by Capostrophic »

Download the generic package from GitHub releases page, unpack it to some folder, launch tes3mp-browser straightaway if you already have set up OpenMW on your system once or launch openmw-wizard to do that, then launch tes3mp-browser and join a server. Done.
Lazarus

TES3MP on Linux/Ubuntu

Post by Lazarus »

Can you also give me an advice how to install Boost 1.64.0 for TES3mp, please? Because in repositories is 1.58. I've tried a lot of things, but no one help.
Terminal wrote:./tes3mp-browser.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.64.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Can't you use what is available here?
https://launchpad.net/~openmw/+archive/ubuntu/openmw

Bullet: 2.87
unelsson

Post by unelsson »

On Linux Manjaro I had also problems with running files ending .x86_64. "error while loading shared libraries", though not the Boost one. Running the game just "./tes3mp-browser" or "./tes3mp" solved the problems though. Running like that it really worked just out of the box, given that OpenMW was installed (but that also worked out of the box, I installed it prebuilt from repository).
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Thanks unelsson, your advice helped me.
It's a bit uncomfortable, if I need change some preferences I must open OpenMW launcher separately, but at least I can play. :3