So how do you actually join someone..?

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
Svide

So how do you actually join someone..?

Post by Svide »

I threw all the OpenMW files in my data files and launch the game through steam....okay, the install guide didn't say anything about how to join another player. Unless I'm blind.

Do we need evolve to connect to each other or do we just type something in the console?
davidcernat

Re: So how do you actually join someone..?

Post by davidcernat »

OpenMW itself is actually a singleplayer project. You're looking for the TES3MP multiplayer fork instead.

Out of curiosity, did you come here from the link in Criken's video?

Edit: For future reference, this thread was originally posted in the wrong forum.
Last edited by davidcernat on 19 Oct 2017, 11:34, edited 2 times in total.
Svide

Post by Svide »

davidcernat wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 20:31 OpenMW itself is actually a singleplayer project. You're probably looking for the TES3MP multiplayer fork instead.

Out of curiosity, did you come here from the link in Criken's video?
Actually I don't watch him. But yes, I saw the video he released on reddit. I thought skyrim was only getting a coop mod. But this looks way better
703m

Post by 703m »

The simple way to do it would be to open up the server browser (tes3mp-browser.exe) in the tes3mp folder and connect through it.
Svide

Post by Svide »

703m wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 21:55 The simple way to do it would be to open up the server browser (tes3mp-browser.exe) in the tes3mp folder and connect through it.
Actually, I've been trying to host a private server. After looking through some tutorials I've got pretty far. But now when I try to launch the "tes3mp-server" as admin so I can host my game it crashes
703m

Post by 703m »

You don't host your game through the server browser.

Open up your command prompt and enter "ipconfig"
the prompt should bring up your ipv4 address somewhere in the list.
Next, go to your Tes3mp folder and open "tes3mp-server-default.cfg"
You'll see "localAddress = "
Fill in your ipv4 address there followed by the port you want to use in the "port = " bit ; make sure that you've port forwarded properly.
Now launch "tes3mp-server.exe" located in your Tes3mp folder.
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

Svide wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 22:45 Actually, I've been trying to host a private server. After looking through some tutorials I've got pretty far. But now when I try to launch the "tes3mp-server" as admin so I can host my game it crashes
Is there an error message in the server console?