A developer overview of tes3mp's status, goals & challenges

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
Xandaros

Re: A developer overview of tes3mp's status, goals & challen

Post by Xandaros »

Maybe a slightly controversial standpoint, but would anyone actually expect it to be bug-free?
This is Morrowind, after all and the bugs are half the fun.
For me, anyway.

As long as you can lift all the restrictions, I am fine with that :)
TechNoirMK

Post by TechNoirMK »

If I was a TES3MP dev, I'd rather put game balance-involved bugs/exploits in the hands of the server admins.
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

Xandaros wrote:Maybe a slightly controversial standpoint, but would anyone actually expect it to be bug-free?
As long as you can lift all the restrictions, I am fine with that :)
Well I bet we can assume there is no way this going to be exploit free. :twisted:
Ptatakokwa

Re: A developer overview of tes3mp's status, goals & challenges

Post by Ptatakokwa »

Is it possible to enable NPC dialog sharing, in addition to bounty, rank and journal sharing? You mentioned that you encourage player cooperation. Maybe there is a way to do it with an OpenMW add-on? That way, players who are interested in the story could read the dialog text together.

P. S.
Sorry if it is offtopic. Let's say I pose this issue as a "challenge" to the project. I didn't want to spawn another thread.
davidcernat

Re: A developer overview of tes3mp's status, goals & challenges

Post by davidcernat »

Dialogue sharing is on my To Do list, but it's not a top priority. I'm mostly concerned by situations where multiple players talk to multiple NPCs at the same time, and I also want to do it in a way that doesn't interrupt players. I'll probably end up imitating the way Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights do it, by displaying the dialogue text in the chat window or in a new window created specifically for that purpose.