OpenMW Multiplayer guy ??

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
raevol

OpenMW Multiplayer guy ??

Post by raevol »

He made a reddit and is asking for volunteers: https://www.reddit.com/r/tes3mp/

Anyone else think this is kind of weird? Also that he hasn't bothered to contact our project at all? Or release any of his code?
Chris

Re: OpenMW Multiplayer guy ??

Post by Chris »

Well, according to the GPL, anyone he gives access to the executable to also has access to the source, which can then be given back here if someone's so inclined. I still have serious reservations about the ultimate viability of the project, but that's not to say all the work done is useless.
lysol

Post by lysol »

raevol wrote: Anyone else think this is kind of weird?
Nope. At first I thought he just was a "lone wolf" and wanted to work alone since he didn't contact the devs here. But now it's just strange. Why not just register here? Everybody would benefit on them working closely together with the OpenMW-team.
Koncord

Post by Koncord »

raevol wrote:Or release any of his code?
I submit all fixes which would be useful in OpenMW.
Chris wrote:access to the source
The code will be published when I'm ready. I think after first public beta.
In fact code is pretty bad in this moment.

I know English is very bad. This is the main reason why I rarely writing on forums.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Welcome! Nice to see you here. :)

I understand it might take a long time to read/write if you're not very good at english, but don't worry about it, I think most of us will understand what you mean anyway.

Keep up the good work and thank you for contacting us here!
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Hello Koncord!

We're glad that you made it here. :) No worries about your English, it reads just fine.

Thank you for your contributions in the past and look forward to seeing what you've done so far!

I had a question about your server code, is this also apart of OpenMW or is this another project? Is this also GPL?
Koncord

Post by Koncord »

psi29a wrote:I had a question about your server code, is this also apart of OpenMW or is this another project? Is this also GPL?
Hello!
I'm using RakNet (BSD) for networking, CompuPhase Pawn for easy scripting (Apache License 2.0) and homebrew external server (using OpenMW/components).
The server will be licensed under the GPL. But server-side mods written on Pawn or C++ can be use any license including proprietary.

P.S. Melee and Crossbow/Bow in PVP with 30-100 ping works fine =)
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Awesome! :D

Is it your intent to allow coop of just a few players or more? Is the server "instanced" (just for having people play together) or more of a persistent world (server) that people log in and out of?

What did you have in mind for tes3mp.com ?

Sorry for so many questions, you're leaving many people in suspense with only their imagination to fill in the blanks. ;)
Koncord

Post by Koncord »

psi29a wrote:Is it your intent to allow coop of just a few players or more?
Firstly, I'm not trying to implement a cooperative. Only MP API (like SA-MP), of course you can implement cooperative with my API.
psi29a wrote:Is the server "instanced" (just for having people play together) or more of a persistent world (server) that people log in and out of?
A persistent server that people log in and out of.
psi29a wrote:What did you have in mind for tes3mp.com ?
For homepage, master server and gitlab (at this time it located in my home server).
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Koncord wrote:
psi29a wrote:What did you have in mind for tes3mp.com ?
For homepage, master server and gitlab (at this time it located in my home server).
I feel I should ask, any reason why you want to keep running it on a private gitlab instance?

I have my own gitlab instance running on a home server as well, for personal projects, but I tend to put all my public projects onto GitHub since that helps contribution.