Is there a better way to document mod compatibility?

All discussion on project related documentation including source docs, manuals, and tutorials go here.
ModdingOpenMWdotcom

Re: Is there a better way to document mod compatibility?

Post by ModdingOpenMWdotcom »

psi29a wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 16:08 Is there a backend competent?
No backend, but that'd be a relatively simple task to add one.

As of right now, all data is instantiated through a seed script. I've got the mod data stored in a python dict format, these are then consumed by the seed script each time I do a deploy (after dropping/recreating the db.) It might sound sort of crazy, but it's been a good way to ensure state without needing to care about the database itself (and works because I'm the only cook in the kitchen right now :) .)
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Totally! If it works, it works. :)

I was wondering about if/when people start contributing and/or tagging content for example, how it was going to be stored. I that Django makes things kinda simple with it's ORM for adding a backend, even something as simple as sqlite is likely enough.
ModdingOpenMWdotcom

Post by ModdingOpenMWdotcom »

psi29a wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 18:13 Totally! If it works, it works. :)

I was wondering about if/when people start contributing and/or tagging content for example, how it was going to be stored. I that Django makes things kinda simple with it's ORM for adding a backend, even something as simple as sqlite is likely enough.
Yeah that's exactly right - the ORM makes representations like a tag or whatever easy to whip up. It's all in a database and although Django supports sqlite3, I've begun using PostgreSQL-specific features so psql is a must for this application.