Animation bug?

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
1Mac

Animation bug?

Post by 1Mac »

Another mod compatibility question: do the animation fixes demonstrated in the preview video mean that various bugs related to Animated Morrowind have been fixed? i.e this, and this.
akortunov

Re: Animation bug?

Post by akortunov »

A quite strange question since the first issue was fixed in 2017, and the second issue is still opened and not related to animations at all.
1Mac

Post by 1Mac »

Well, I’m not a dev, so it wasn’t obvious to me that “closed” necessarily means “fixed.” I suppose the way to characterize the latter is “a collision issue related to sitting animations.” Regardless, just to clarify, the answers are “yes” and “no,” respectively?
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Basically... Animated Morrowind is not yet compatible, end of story.
1Mac

Post by 1Mac »

TY.
1Mac

Post by 1Mac »

I don't suppose there's a way to patch such mods for OpenMW compatibility by somehow removing collision from the sitting meshes themselves, is there?
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Some mods have collision-less versions of furniture for such purpose, with separate meshes without collisions.
SmartGuar

Post by SmartGuar »

akortunov wrote: 25 Mar 2019, 05:55 Some mods have collision-less versions of furniture for such purpose, with separate meshes without collisions.
Would it be feasible to add an option in the Editor and in the console to disable the collisions for a static object or NPC? That would make these mods easily fixable and you would not need to create seperate meshes. (OpenMW already supports TCL and it could be just a small check box in the Editor)