OpenMW 0.45 RC for Win 10 64bit and 300+ mods

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
silentthief

Re: OpenMW 0.45 RC for Win 10 64bit and 300+ mods

Post by silentthief »

No idea on the mod quest not working properly - but I wanted to chime in about the top pic :D :D . It looks like the guy is basically saying "no pictures" or "stop recording me" (or otherwise trying to shield his face from the picture that you are taking when you screenshot that).

ST
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

LOL! Well Julan is nervous like that so it fits. XD

Incidentally, the open beta of Julan 3.0 has been released, but is not OpenMW compatible yet (I take it). I should mention that in the Julan thread I guess, and hope someone feels like tinkering with it again...

I also forgot to mention, there's another way to solve the Tiberius Muncher quest if it bugs up without the console, which is simply by killing Muncher somehow, then things proceed as planned in the quest. BUT WHAT SORT OF MONSTER WOULD DO THAT, RIGHT?
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

I think this spell effect is some kind of shield... I don't remember what my mage was casting, I just enjoyed it.

Summoned army 1 and 2:

Julan's getting in the way here, but this is for the orcish armor retex I have from something:

The Join the cult of Shegorath mod seems to be working so far, heheheheh...

SPIDERS AHHH SPIDERS is all I think when I see these bastards

And yet I found something uglier! Note how it's freakin' dead, uuuuugh insects and deep sea fish, my horror bone weakness

Julan and Shani. I put this here because I ran into a hiccup in this quest: it's well thought out and easy enough to follow even without the dialogue cues, however for some reason here, the dialogue cues stuffed up. Every time Julan was supposed to interrupt my adventure to give me a hint on what to do next, I got his standard dialogue instead, as if I had spoken to him, rather than the "Rescue Shani!" text. It all resolved itself once we finally found her, and everything else played out just as it was scripted to. So a minor bug, although not a game breaking one if you can follow the visual cues. (or know what to do already)

Darknut's Winged Twilight

With all this grass, sometimes bodies (like this Twilight) can't be looted because I can't find them again in all the grass. I don't mind, but this could be a problem if you kill someone with a quest-related item in their inventory in Ozzy's tall grass.

Just a closeup of the improved Windows Glow textures, indoors in sunlight. It looks much better in game, good enough to catch my eye and try to screenshot it.
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

More notes from Vvardenfell! First, discovered a bug with doubling. Or NPC triplicating, in this case. Not sure what mod is doing it, but I'm sure it had to do with me messing with my load order after discovering incompatibilities. Additionally, the guy in the front, named "Target", shares the exact same dialogue as the triplicated sisters there.

On to the fun stuff!

Suran Underground! Seems to be working, have not joined the Blood Tong yet to test it out though.

Piratelord's creatures: yet another one of his crabs. Love those barnacles!

THESE FREAKIN' THINKS OMG WHY. Also this one lost a claw that became wearable as a really, really ugly light armor glove. I think it is meant to thest the resolution of minmaxers who feel the need to wear the "bikini thong of +1" or however that joke goes

Caldera Ebony Mine... I don't remember it being this impressive! o__O!

Heheheh I found me a supersized Dwemer Mecha!

I have no idea if this is a bug or not, but Julan is fast proving to be the most useless companion ever when it comes to fights. He pretty much stands there, runs away, and whistles or mumbles about needing to be somewhere else whenever a fight starts, and only gets in it if he gets hit. He talks a lot like a coward, though, so this may be All Part of the Plan? *kicks Julan*

Holomayaran or whatever it's called, improved via mod:

Seahorse!!! Waterlife mod (not Abot's)

Weapon shop conveniently displaying many weapon retexes

enjoy!
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

Portrait of Curio is working, that smug bastard:

So is his dancing boy, LOL. Sometimes I just live for these small, tacky mods.

Azura from the outside. I didn't go with the white marble statue texture. I should've, in retrospect.

Azura from the inside.

Azura's Coast region

Dwemer ruins. Wait, what's that in the background?

HOLY CRAP IT'S A SUPERSIZED MECH
(PS: I killed it by levitating over its head and poking it with pointy sticks while it looked in confusion at its feet. :ugeek: )

Dagon Fel

Somebody's awesome house near Dagon Fel

Got a little off course during my cross-continental flight, and ended up at hte Sobitur lighthouse instead...

...where the Dwemer version of the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers kicked my ass, multiple times. (Only the two sedately coloured ones shown here.) One of them even has a crappy ranged attack that has a huge, huge, and entirely too accurate range.

So 10+ reloads later, I decided to stop fighting the DeathBots and ran into Mai'q the Liar instead.

Summoned army has grown, but still helps me take down the regularly plaguing thugs and louts. I'm on the fence on this mod, it makes encounters interesting, but it levels you up way too quickly, too. It has made some quests much more interesting when they pop up while you're trying to keep followers alive etc.

The main quest expansion mod, I think, which is so far all kinds of awesome. This is the extremely well done lost tomb of Nerevar:

The armor you get for completing it:
It doesn't boobify in any way shape or form for female characters, which I'm so-so about (not a fan of sculpted boobs on armor, but also not a fan of squished "genderless" male no-boobs on armor. So far only one Dragon Age Origins mod has ever managed to get this ratio of boob-space-but-not-in-your-face armor correct, though, and it's a nice looking armor anyhow.

I think this is Sadrith Mora? Is that you, Wolverine Hall, the bane of my existence, which I thought I had modded to have signs telling me where every damn door goes, but apparently I don't?

House Telvanni FTW 5eva

More Azura

Julan finally has style! He's still a gorram coward though. I hope this whistle and run combat "feature" gets fixed after this point in his quest, he's really just so useless as a combat companion, all his nice questy bits aside. EDIT: wait, maybe still have him set to "not fight" after the corpus quest. Hmmmm... his coward AI might all be my fault?
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

Just a quick incompatibility update:

Ozzy's Grass makes the White Guar quest unfinishable (without the console), simply because the grass eats the body that you're supposed to loot to finish the quest. I had noted earlier in this thread there that I thought this might prove to be a problem at some point, and I just tested with and without the mod to find that yep, it indeedy is.
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

Lighthouse of Vos: this one needs the mesh fix (found on these forums) to work.

Changed Shani's face again, had her join as a companion, changed her outfit, too:

This is more to note that Julan and Shani, together, as companions - and ostensibly any other NPC I might get as a companion from other mods - don't work well. I mean their programming works as intended, I guess, but getting them to follow you properly, go through doors properly, and not get in your way in Wolverine Hall properly, is hell on wheels. Handling Julan is hard enough, as nice as Shani is, I just can't have two permanent followers in this game. It's too much like babysitting, trying to make sure neither of them get lost or left behind.

Another note on the Tristan armor, seen on Shani here: you can't sneak in it. That's because the boob mesh on the costume is so big, when you scrunch down to sneak in first person view, you end up looking at the inside of the boob mesh. You can fix this by casting invisibility or chameleon on yourself for however long, but it's really inconvenient. Therefore, this armor works better on NPCs, unless you don't sneak.
Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

That was nice reading, good to know i'm not alone this "We need more mods, muthsera" game, currently it's 285 :ugeek:
Have you considered mastering magicka? I've yet didn't try this one in one particular setup, still i'm familiar with it's impact, and
the stuff is great, don't like editing through in-game console though.
Also, i've found a quite interesting combination of Races more fun—Birthsigns more fun—NPC birthsigns. The last one gave me very special emotions, when i encountered an atronach-born summoner during my mage playthrough.
And finally one more gem, which is mage robes, it fits just perfect in the original Morrowind atmosphere as i remember it.
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

Hmm, Mastering Magcika? I'd never heard of that mod before, but if it requires in-game console editing, I tend to stay away from it. I don't like using the console unless I absolutely have to, and 99% of the time it's only to reset the actors. The other 1% of the time is to finish unfinishable quests by setting the flags properly so they won't stuff up my journal, which I've had to do twice so far: for the Travelling Merchants Guar quest, and for forcing the amulet to complete the White Guar quest into my inventory (since I wasn't sure if I needed that quest done to advance the main or not. Apparently I didn't, though, oh well...)

I may look up that other two mods, but I do have to say - I like the vanilla gear so much so far that I haven't had much of a use for the custom gear. I mean I suppose I could sink some time and money making into enchanting things to match what you can earn in the vanilla game, but seeing as how I'm not a console jockey and have economy rebalancing mods in place... ain't nobody got time for all that grinding! :lol:

First, the bugs: Julan does wuss out quite a lot still. I'm sure it's some kind of bug with his AI, in which he keeps resetting to default "Don't Fight" whenever we get separated. It's fixable simply by resetting his combat AI every time we teleport or travel (even "jump" travel) anywhere, but it's a pain in the butt. If I ever did another playthrough, it's probably going to be without Julan, as well-thought-out as he is as a companion. I'm just not a fan of companions in general in Morrowind, simply too much babysitting.

Doubling still going on, I've met more than a few pairs of twins in the world now. Most of them seem to be coming from the Main Quest Expanded mod, the flavor NPCs that have been inserted to add panic to the world as it descends into AshStorm Darkness. At least, all their dialogue is always of the "PANIC PANIC WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING TO MORROWIND, GET ME OUT OF THIS HELLHOLE" variety

Next, the fun stuff:

I think this is more Creatures. These ugly screamin' bastards, ugh, spiders...

One of the Tel's. Mora, maybe?

I kind of want to put Julan in all-glass armor once I get a set. I'd actually want it for my MC, but glass armor is another boobless travesty that I'd be covering up with a robe anyhow. Next playthrough I am definitely checking out Better Armors or whatever the "female versions of everything" armor mod de jour is.

Imperial Dwemer Society mod: this building is awesome and doubles as a player house in the top floors (which I was not interested in, I still like my mobile Ashlander tent the bestest).

However, it lacks a bit in some of the quests inside: there aren't enough clues for you to figure out what to do in the dialogue prompts, in my opinion. I'm not sure if some of the quests are bugged up (like the "give this dude schematics" one), or if I just haven't found the "proper" schematics to give the guy yet. Additionally, there are tons of strange machines there with strange descriptions like "extract the either out of objects" that you can mess around with, but no clues whatsoever as to what to do with them. Are they flavour? For a future quest? Do they need Dwemer coins to operate? WTF, somebody tell me why this machine is asking me to put shizz in it and promising to spit something out. What something? What do I put in it? I WANT ANSWERS AND THE REQUIRED READING IS MISSING!

Also, personal annoyance: one of the mage teleport spots is missing from the mage teleporter inside. I think it's Caldera that's missing, though I can't quite remember (last playthrough was a week ago or so)

Dwemer Society Interior
pub:

museum:

I heard some hoo haw about OpenMW not allowing mannequins to display armor properly? Nonsense, at least in this mod. Here's the dwemer museum mannequin wearing my full set of unenchanted dwemer armor as well as a dwemer shield and a dwemer crossbow on the rack next to him.

I suspect this is the Welcome to the Arena! mod at work in Vivec:

I got exceedingly strong FFX Blitzball Vibes from walking around the stadium of cheering spectators. Which was a good thing!

I just love all the custom animations that Welcome to the Arena added to the game. I want these extra animations in all of Morrowind, damn it. I know there's a mod for it! I think I looked it up and found it didn't work with OpenMW. Grump grump grump. But Arena works, so, yay, more lifelike NPCs that can do more than scratch their heads!

Look at the manspread on this badass right here

One of my most favourite new additions to Gnisis, the arm. Gnisis modded has quickly transformed itself from boring central into awesome central, what with the minaret, the waterfall, and now a freakin' daedric prince arm on the arch. Go Gnisis! This isn't on my master modlist yet because it was released very recently, it's one of colt's RR mods on the nexus.

Telvanni vanilla quest: this girl needs to stop running up to my thugs and louts and trying to fight them with her bare hands...

Not a bug, but me being stupid: I cannot figure out for the life of me how to advance the Redguard Rug modded quest. I must have interviewed every damn person in the Hlaalu compound in Balmora. Maybe I need to go to Vivec.... -__-
clort

Post by clort »

Thank you for putting in the work for this thread! Interesting stuff. Haven't used mods in OpenMW yet.