OpenMW 0.45 RC for Win 10 64bit and 300+ mods

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Enkida

Re: Open Morrowind 0.45 RC for Win 10 64bit and 300+ mods

Post by Enkida »

All and sundry who want to use these pics for anything OpenMW related can feel free to, I don't mind.

Also yes, this is Sky UI. If I had one complaint about it, it's that I wish I could make the crosshair have 50% opacity. Other than that, I really like how clean and simple it is. :)
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Hmmm... feature request or that something that can already be done via the mod? :P
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Enkida wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 19:56 I wish I could make the crosshair have 50% opacity.
In theory, you can try to add alpha to the crosshair texture via graphics editor.
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

Naw, too much effort. I already expended too much effort into trying to make my own .dds file for LeFemm Armor (with success, but after doing one piece, I decided it was too much effort). So.... feature request! LOL! j/k, I can live with this crosshair and will happily pick up a 50% opacity edit if any modmaker out there decides to take some initative. :P

Now for something completely different yet the same:

Animated Menu mod: this is a grab from the nexus because I don't want to bother making an animated gif of my menu screen. It's really nice though. Like, really, really nice. ;) In theory I could also compress this to a reasonable format and OpenMW would still play the video, in practice... too lazy. It was enough of a pain converting 99 tga files into jpgs already.

Those 99 tga files are my splash screens. Not going to put all 99 up, but here's a cross section of a few that I like quite a bit. Since the individual packet names where I got these images from are not on my mod list in the first post (I merged them all), just ask if you want to know what came from where and where to get them. They're all on the Nexus as far as I know. I resized one and then was like.. 2019 is right around the corner, peoples' computers can handle this.... haha, sorry. I have a good computer now but I still have flashes of horror from my decade(s) old former computer sometimes. It's hard for me to think "you have a ryzen 5 and a radeon 580 now, you can do this, no really, stahp compressing errythang... XD)

Enkida

Post by Enkida »

Further into the Old Well mod in Pelgiad:

Apparently being terrible at acrobatics means using Levitate to get around even in the simplest of dungeons:

It is kinda purty down here (waterfall retex mod). And we can finally rest! (no resting outdoors mod)

Visiting an imperial fort:

Making our way to Vivec - the Jellyfish are everywhere

We reached Vivec without incident for once! Maybe we killed enough thugs to get ourselves a reputation.

Ship on the docks:

Gondoliers atmosphere mod, also a little bit of the splash retex mod going on here too:

Improved statue of Vivec:

The cantons:

Meteorite Ministry (with meteorite looks mod)

Vivid Vivec I think this mod is called?

Shrine:

Entrance to the temple:
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

Just a quick heads up: Patch for Purists (one of the mandatory mods, IMO) has been updated to 3.0 very recently (as in after I finished my build). As it's not recommended to switch to a new patch halfway through a playthrough, I'm still running everything on patch 2.9.3. Patch 3.0 has a lot of significant changes (mostly, a lot of things were taken out, but there are also new scripting fixes), so just be careful if you're making a mega mod build yourself and you grab the latest and greatest, it might break or unbreak some things.
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

Just a few today:

Sewer Retex: I still hate the sewers, but at least they look a little better...

The Ashlander Tent (On the move) mod works mostly; some scripting in the tent is broken, but as a portable resting and storage house, it works just fine. It's pretty heavy! This is the Arctic version of it chosen specifically so it's easier for me to spot in the wilderness. Except in Solstheim...

The small Game of Three Cups mod works fine in Ald-Ruhn. I already lost some money to this bastard!

Also, I found out Julan conflicts with Guarded Ghostgate, so I took Guarded Ghostgate out.
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

I forgot to post the inside of the Ashlander Tent mod:

Main Quest Expander taking effect in Ald Ruhn

Better Beast Bodies and... some head replacer, Argonians:

An ashstorm:

A blighted Nix Hound. I actually don't like this texture all that much, I think it's much too sharp and distracting.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

Enkida wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 01:06 I updated the first post with my everchanging mod list as I tested some more.

Firstly, I took out all the things that weren't working that I mentioned above. Entertainers wasn't working either, when I finally found a "beddable" inn, so I struck it from the list.
Huh. Entertainers Expanded works for me. Linux Mint with latest daily PPA build.
Enkida wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 01:06 Also, Julan passed his first two scripted events with flying colours, as well as added himself to the Companion Teleport successfully! Commence nervous sweating that my favourite mod doesn't break halfway through... ;-)
Companion Teleport works now?! Oh wow! Is there a patch out there somewhere I have to use for it or something? Or can I just not install it on an existing save? Or do I just have to do more work to make it run on an existing save?
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

Jemolk wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 04:58 Huh. Entertainers Expanded works for me. Linux Mint with latest daily PPA build.

Companion Teleport works now?! Oh wow! Is there a patch out there somewhere I have to use for it or something? Or can I just not install it on an existing save? Or do I just have to do more work to make it run on an existing save?
There's probably some other mod it conflicts with, rather than an OpenMW conflict. I try to be thorough, but even then sometimes I miss things (like Guarded Ghostgate // Julan), and even then "fixing" them might break other things (like I changed the load order number for Julan by taking out a few mods, something the author of Julan has explicitly said will break Julan). Still all in all it's pretty stable, and no less stable (or actually, even more stable) than vanilla MW, so no complaints here. I think I have all but 3 of the offical Bethesda plugins replaced by mod-makers' "better" versions and most of them work:
Bitter Coast Sounds --> Better Sounds
Adamantium Armor --> Sufficient Adamantium
Entertainers --> Entertainers Expanded (*not working for me in this build though)
Master Index --> Propylons
I know there's a better LeFemm Armor replacer that makes male versions of LeFemm but I think it was rolled into one of my other armor upgrade packs so I skipped it.
That leaves the Firemoth expansion (and even that has a mod, Firemoth rebuilt), and probably one other... oh yeah, area effect arrows. Which was probably rolled into the marksman / projectile improvement mods, but I was too lazy to really check.

As for companion teleport. You need to get the original mod, but then replace the .esp file with this here instead:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwtCkW ... J2c1E/view

You can find that link on Darklocq's OpenMW mod testing page, which is linked in the first post of this thread, and tells you which companion mods it now works with and which it doesn't. Julan is one of the only ones it works seamlessly with so far.