Cleaning dirty mods with TES3Edit in Windows 10 - how to enable CMD prompt

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Enkida

Cleaning dirty mods with TES3Edit in Windows 10 - how to enable CMD prompt

Post by Enkida »

BIG OL' EDIT:

Just use the Powershell, folks!

Consider the rest of this post me taking the fall for anyone else who just switched to Win10 and is having culture shock. :lol:

So I just found out I still have to clean old mods with dirty GMSTs and junk cells et all even for OpenMW, and I remember doing this back in the Windows 7 day with TES3Edit, which requires you to open a command prompt window in your Data Folder to run the commands.

Windows 10, which I just recently installed, has aken away the ability for users to open command prompt windows by shift+right clicking and replaced it with something called the "PowerShell." I'm not sure the PowerShell does the same thing as the Command Prompt and I wasn't feeling brave enough to try it out, so I just hunted down a way to re-enable the command prompt window in Win10. Which is farkin' "regedit" complicated and a little scary. But, it works, I did it, nothing blew up.

Here's the link:
https://www.itprotoday.com/windows-10/a ... ntext-menu

I hope this helps other mod users who love the thoroughness of TES3Edit but switched up to Win10 and are missing their lovely black command prompt window of doom. I'd say ask if you have any questions but I am way hell no expert on any of this. Cheers!
Last edited by Enkida on 29 Nov 2018, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
AnyOldName3

Re: Cleaning dirty mods with TES3Edit in Windows 10 - how to enable CMD prompt

Post by AnyOldName3 »

That wasn't the best thing to do. PowerShell would have worked fine.