Mods unavailable for download

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Enkida

Re: Mods unavailable for download

Post by Enkida »

Big edit: I just started trying to convert the armory according to the texture renaming and mesh clean up scheme provided in the OM Docs using Nifskope.

Let me just tell you the mesh editing is not something the casual user will want to do. I haven't even gotten through the first folder of meshes and already ran into two files with something like 20-30 edits (hyperbole, it was probably more like 10, but 10 too many in one file) in them each. Per file. In a folder full of 177 files. Out of 6 mesh folders in total. Granted, most of the other folders have 50 or less files in them compared to this first one, but this is definitely the stuff of scaring non-dedicated modders right out of even trying to upgrade to high-res armors in OM.

BUT if that didn't scare you away, read on...

Mai'q got back to me with a link he encouraged me to share. If you want to archive this on Morrowind Modding History, AFAIK that's also Fliggerty's site anyhow. Same deal if you want to comment on reddit or elsewhere (I'm not social media savvy, it was hard enough making an account on this forum). Here's the link:

http://modding-openmw.com/files/armory.7z

PS rando modding question: do we still have to clean dirty GMSTs before we load old mods? (since answered)
Last edited by Enkida on 02 Dec 2018, 00:43, edited 2 times in total.
smokeyninja

Re: Mods unavailable for download

Post by smokeyninja »

Enkida wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 17:16 PS rando modding question: do we still have to clean dirty GMSTs before we load old mods?
I would say yes, OpenMW is an engine, gmsts are part of the data fed into it so having dirty ones is liable to cause issues