[Fixed] Quill of Feyfolken

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
kuyondo

[Fixed] Quill of Feyfolken

Post by kuyondo »

http://mw.modhistory.com/download-68-13440

IMO, a really useful and immersive mod that gives player the ability to create powerful scrolls through the use of the quill(a quest is needed to complete to obtain it, with lore friendly and well written storyline), which the base game lacked. However, some might find the mod "unbalanced" or "overpowered".

This mod has 2 scripts. But 1 particular script has a problem, that is the one attached to the quill.

OpenMW fails to compile the script due to syntax error. There are 3 instances of such error.
The fix is simple and straightforward.

If anyone is interested for the fixed plugin. I will post a link to it here.
Last edited by kuyondo on 08 Aug 2018, 07:26, edited 2 times in total.
Loriel

Re: Quill of Feyfolken

Post by Loriel »

I'm not sure if it's worth adding the info to the mod compatibility page, given the current proposals to handle these on the https://modding-openmw.com/mods/ site.

But I do think it would be worth giving details here of the script errors and how to fix them.

Loriel
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

Loriel wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 19:47 I'm not sure if it's worth adding the info to the mod compatibility page, given the current proposals to handle these on the https://modding-openmw.com/mods/ site.

But I do think it would be worth giving details here of the script errors and how to fix them.

Loriel
How can I help? I dont have the privelage to do it there.

Anyway here are the fixes:

Line 73:
Player->AddSoulGem "Feyfolken" misc_soulgem_grand 1
CHANGE TO
Player->AddSoulGem "Feyfolken" misc_soulgem_grand

Line 92:
if ( Player->HasSoulGem "Feyfolken" misc_soulgem_grand == 0 )
CHANGE TO
if ( Player->HasSoulGem "Feyfolken" == 0 )

Line 113 and 116:
Player->RemoveSoulGem "Feyfolken" misc_soulgem_grand 1
CHANGE TO
Player->RemoveSoulGem "Feyfolken"

OpenMW is consistent with this site's description and usage of functions.
ModdingOpenMWdotcom

Post by ModdingOpenMWdotcom »

Hey Kuyondo, nice find. This one sounds really interesting.
kuyondo wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 01:45 How can I help? I dont have the privelage to do it there.
I'm working on a way for folks to submit feedback about mods, both ones that are already listed and ones that aren't (like this one.) I hope to have an open beta of this ready in the next day or so, but in the meantime it might be cool if you created a patched esp/omwaddon. I'd try to reach out to the authors of the plugin for their blessing, but stuff from that site tends to be old and abandoned.

If you do end up creating a patched plugin, I'd be glad to upload it to modding-openmw.com so folks can download it from there.
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

ModdingOpenMWdotcom wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 14:15 Hey Kuyondo, nice find. This one sounds really interesting.
kuyondo wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 01:45 How can I help? I dont have the privelage to do it there.
I'm working on a way for folks to submit feedback about mods, both ones that are already listed and ones that aren't (like this one.) I hope to have an open beta of this ready in the next day or so, but in the meantime it might be cool if you created a patched esp/omwaddon. I'd try to reach out to the authors of the plugin for their blessing, but stuff from that site tends to be old and abandoned.

If you do end up creating a patched plugin, I'd be glad to upload it to modding-openmw.com so folks can download it from there.
Here is the fixed plugin
This plugin will now work for OpenMW.
ModdingOpenMWdotcom

Post by ModdingOpenMWdotcom »

kuyondo wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 16:51 Here is the fixed plugin
This plugin will now work for OpenMW.
Very awesome kuyondo! I'll be including this one in the next update.