Kahleigh's Retreat disposing mannequins

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
dans

Kahleigh's Retreat disposing mannequins

Post by dans »

Hi guys!

I really love Kahleigh's Retreat mod, that provides a neat house near Caldera. You can find it here: http://mw.modhistory.com/download-44-15046.
The mod introduces nice mannequins, allowing you to display and store armor and shields on them.

Recently, I have discovered an issue concerning these mannequins. It seems that the mannequins are technically NPC's corpses, just standing ones.
So, if you just wait for 3 days, they dissappear completely. I'm not really familiar with corpse disposition system of OpenMW, as well as the one of vanilla Morrowind, but it seems that the game treats them as regular corpses and dispose them just after three days. You don't even need to enter the cell with the mannequins for them to dissappear.

I wonder whether it was the same in the original game or not, but it definetely shouldn't behave like that. So I started this topic: it would be really great to find out what's the reason behind this (maybe, it's a bug in some way?), and, perhaps, fix it somehow, because the mod is really nice. Do you have any ideas?

Thank you.
akortunov

Re: Kahleigh's Retreat disposing mannequins

Post by akortunov »

dans wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 14:06 So, if you just wait for 3 days, they dissappear completely.
Should be fixed in master branch (tested on Castle Hestatur mannequins), but 0.44 release will not have this fix.
wizmander

Post by wizmander »

Having the same issue with another mod "A good place to stay" https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mod ... ?tab=files and was not able to remedy the problem by going in and altering the mod with the construction set. It appears as soon as openmw loads the mod, it removes all "persistent" tags added in openmw-cs, which I believe to be the tag needed to make the corpse permanent.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

It appears as soon as openmw loads the mod, it removes all "persistent" tags.
Nah, it can't do that, content files are (mostly) read-only from the engine's standpoint and object records are not saved to the saved game. The bug that causes will be fixed in the subsequent 0.45.0 release, you can try out a nightly and see how it works there.
wizmander

Post by wizmander »

The reason I say it removes the tags is that when I go in and add the tags in the construction set, then open that content file in openmw, then go back and look at said file in the construction set, the persistent tags I added have been removed. This is the only change I've made in the construction set that has been changed like this. I've fiddled around with it a bit (saving the file, restarting the construction set, opening it again) and it does appear to only happen when the content file is loaded in openmw. I haven't tested if I actually have to start a savegame or load the cell the objects are in, nor if the change only happens to "added" content or with npcs in the base game. It's also possible that I have no idea what I'm talking about as I'm not experienced with modding or openmw in general.

Anyways, I appreciate your reply and will take your advice to test out a nightly build.