help me fix this, mod doesn't work on openmw.....

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: help me fix this, mod doesn't work on openmw.....

Post by psi29a »

Renaming this thread then because OpenMW doesn't play nice with the mod when it should.

We're tracking these issues but we just need people to help work the kinks out to fix the problems.

OpenMW nor end-users shouldn't be asking modders to fix their mods when it should work both on Morrowind and OpenMW.

Modders should feel free to point end-users to OpenMW to help us fix our shit.

We have to hold our end up that OpenMW will will support vanilla mods (non-mwse for now) out of the box by 1.0, that was the promise.
Starsheep

Post by Starsheep »

psi29a wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 11:04 OpenMW nor end-users shouldn't be asking modders to fix their mods when it should work both on Morrowind and OpenMW.

Modders should feel free to point end-users to OpenMW to help us fix our shit.
in the meantime, maybe put a fat bold warning in the installer to inform end users that openmw is not compatible yet with mods that use scripts extenders.

That could lighten the load of support for mod authors who already have to deal with a lot of non-issues from their user base, redirect requests here and alleviate potential anti-openmw feelings in the mod creators/users community
Darknut

Post by Darknut »

If I came across "Hostile" that was not my intention. I have nothing but high hopes that OMW will eventually be finished. I'm not against OpenMW, I do get tired of end-users acting like it is finished when it is still a beta.

My Dwemer house mod is all just standard stuff, no MWSE, not anything outside the envelope. Many things do not work correctly or at all in the current OpenMW beta. Sorry for the inconvenience but frankly I don't know how to fix some of the issues even if I wanted to make a OMW specific version
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Just keep us in our toes to fix stuff, vanilla mods should work. If they do not, then it is likely a bug or unimplemented feature. We just need to keep track and keep grinding to level OpenMW up. :)
lysol

Post by lysol »

Darknut wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 17:07 If I came across "Hostile" that was not my intention. I have nothing but high hopes that OMW will eventually be finished. I'm not against OpenMW, I do get tired of end-users acting like it is finished when it is still a beta.

My Dwemer house mod is all just standard stuff, no MWSE, not anything outside the envelope. Many things do not work correctly or at all in the current OpenMW beta. Sorry for the inconvenience but frankly I don't know how to fix some of the issues even if I wanted to make a OMW specific version
Thanks for coming over here to this thread Darknut! Yes, I really understand that it is annoying when people turn to you instead of here when a mod you did didn't work.

As Akortunov pointed out, this is a known issue and is simply that collisions are enabled on actors that shouldn't have collisions. He is also working on fixing it. He actually did fix it recently, but it caused a regression or something like that, so it had to be unmerged again.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

One option in the general case (although I'm not sure it applies here) is to run all the scripts in your mods through our CS' verifier. It should point out any places where the two different compilers will do different things, especially if it's easy stuff like mismatched ifs and endifs. It won't solve problems when they're due to OpenMW bugs, but will pick things up that only worked in the vanilla engine because the vanilla CS guessed what you wanted (and therefore would potentially break in vanilla if you changed the contents of a comment or Todd Howard decided to wear a different pair of socks to the day you originally compiled the script).