lgnpc Tel Uvirith ESM Error: String table overflow

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
LoneWolf

lgnpc Tel Uvirith ESM Error: String table overflow

Post by LoneWolf »

openmw 0.43 on archlinux

http://lgnpc.org/mods/lgnpc_tel_uvirith_1.31.zip

Code: Select all

Loading content file LGNPC_TelUvirith.esp
ESM Error: String table overflow
  File: /home/panoramix/Games/TES3_Morrowind_xtra_mods/lgnpc/LGNPC_TelUvirith.esp
  Record: SCPT
  Subrecord: SCVR
  Offset: 0x116e0
Any ideas how to solve this ?
akortunov

Re: lgnpc Tel Uvirith ESM Error: String table overflow

Post by akortunov »

Looks like SCVR record contains link to non-existing string.
The error comes from here. According to comment above this line, an engine should just skip problematic record since it unused anyway. Do you able to load this mod?
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

I just started a new playthrough with almost all lgnpc mods installed and couldn't find much info about compatibility between openmw and lgnpc .

Tel Uvirith changes the telvanni stronghold which shouldn't be present in the game yet (just reached level 2) .
The error seems hamrless though, thanks for the explanation.
lambda

Post by lambda »

I have posted this same error in these forums a while ago (cannot be bothered to find the exact post), but at the time one the responders said that the LGNPC team was aware of the error. The error seems harmless enough; at the same time, I should add that I have played the mod until the Hlaalu ambush quest, but never got passed it, just kept encountering more assassins. This could be a script error (I never passed the mod through openmw verifier to look for any syntactical errors), a mod conflict, or I am just doing something wrong. Anyway, hope it helps, regards.