Jasmine Mansit dwemer crank issue

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
drask

Jasmine Mansit dwemer crank issue

Post by drask »

First of all, congratulations to the developers. I have been following OpenMW for years and am ecstatic to finally be able to play Morrowind natively under Linux, and excited for the new features. This is an amazing accomplishment.

I've been playing through with Jasmine and Julan and ran into an odd issue when trying to retrieve an item from Mansit. The problem cranks are labelled jac_doorthing_01c and jac_doorthing_02c and the activation code is in jac_dwe_door_script. The problem is, they won't activate. The problem appears to be the if statement "if ( jac_doorthing_01c -> OnActivate == 1 )" which generates warnings in the editor "stray explicit reference (ignoring it) (OnActivate)". When I put the following script inside the jac_doorthing_01c object, it works but still no animation of the crank turning:

Begin jac_doorthing_01c_activate

short DoOnce

if ( OnActivate == 1 )
if ( DoOnce == 0 )
PlaySound "Door Stone Open"
jac_doorthing_01 -> disable
jac_doorthing_01a -> enable
jac_doorthing_01b -> enable
set DoOnce to 1
else
MessageBox "The crank will not move."
endif
endif
End jac_doorthing_01c_activate

To get through Mansit, you would have to repeat essentially the same code in jac_doorthing_02c.

Thank you
scrawl

Re: Jasmine Mansit dwemer crank issue

Post by scrawl »

Looks like OpenMW is missing the explicit variant of 'OnActivate' function.
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

I encountered this issue too. (Some) vanilla scripts uses explicit onactivate function.. for example , the "scrollsales" script. Is it okay to put this into the bugtracker?
drask

Post by drask »

Yes, if this is an actual issue and not just my machine being annoying then please do post as a bug. It seems like a useful scripting feature to be able to refer to the state of other objects. Sorry, just realizing I've been over busy for a month now... Thank you.
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

openmw v0.43 fixes this already(i think so). Look here -> https://bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw ... 4f611b0767