Living Cities of Vvardenfell

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Loriel

Living Cities of Vvardenfell

Post by Loriel »

This has already been covered on the wiki page, https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Mod_status (Expand Table 3) with problem pinpointed.

Bug report #4065 prompted me to look at it.

The original problem:
NPC LCV Schedules 03.esp
script SC_Balmora1_3, line 138, column 40 (i71): Unexpected name
"dondos driler"->aiwander 0 5 10 i71
Where the fourth parameter should be a number
Don't know what the number should be, but deleting the i or replacing it with 1 look plausible, and stop the script erroring.

The bug report led me to visit Seyda Neen, where the error log gets spammed with:

Code: Select all

Error in framelistener: Faction 'wr_morfaction1' not found
The same esp, NPC LCV Schedules 03.esp
It appears that a woodelf agent called Erielle (ID wr_morEri_s1) was added with the mod, with that non-existent faction. Clearing that faction from the npc fixes the problem, though it may have side effects elsewhere if a new faction was proposed but not implemented. Alternatively, adding that faction probably works.

Loriel
ladyonthemoon

Re: Living Cities of Vvardenfell

Post by ladyonthemoon »

Hi,

It appears that the incompatibility of this mod with OpenMW (the latest version at least) is worse.

The mod doesn't work at all in my game:

- npcs do not react to the presence of the player and do not say their usual comments when the player comes close to them,
- the scripts do not seem to work at all,
- the bells do not work,
- maybe more...

Pity, this mod is so good. I hope problems get fixed some time. :)
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

ladyonthemoon wrote: 14 May 2018, 06:37 - npcs do not react to the presence of the player and do not say their usual comments when the player comes close to them,
- the scripts do not seem to work at all,
This mod adds default greetings (without sounds) with attached scripts and supposed to run them only once.
These scripts are failed to compile so OpenMW tries to run them again and again.
That's because of undeclared variables:

Code: Select all

set SC_temp to "alvis teri".nolore ; works fine
set SC_temp to "angahran".nolore   ; fails to compile since Angahran does not have attached script with "nolore" variable
After second command SC_temp becomes 0 in vanilla game, despite 'show "angahran".nolore' complains about missing script.
Probably, "set" command in vanilla game just defaults variable-to-set value to 0 in case of error instead of failing the whole script.
Basically, Morrowind allows to read and even to assign undeclared variables, so I am not sure what we can do here.

Example of whole script:
Spoiler: Show
Honestly, I even do not understand what this script is supposed to do.
ladyonthemoon

Post by ladyonthemoon »

Thank you for the explanation. The nolore script is fuzzy indeed. It seems to make the npcs that have the script attached to them not say greetings default lines? Not sure that I understand clearly there though. :)