Morrowind Rebirth

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Thunderforge

Morrowind Rebirth

Post by Thunderforge »

Morrowind Rebirth says that it requires Morrowind Code Patch (MCP) in order to work. Despite that, I ran it in OpenMW and didn't notice any issues at all, and neither did this Reddit user. Does anybody know if there are actually incompatibilities between the two?
Chris

Re: Morrowind Rebirth

Post by Chris »

What specific features of MCP does it need?
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

I went straight to the source and asked on the Moddb page for Morrowind Rebirth. The creator helpfully responded.
trancemaster_1988 wrote: It's because some meshes are using reflection/bump-maps. Open MW users don't have to worry about that because it's already supported by the new engine.
The creator clarified in a subsequent post that they was referring to real bump maps, and not fake bump maps. Also, the project description clearly says that it is OpenMW compatible.

I'm guessing it's good enough for our mod list if the author says its compatible? We don't need a community member to verify it, right?
Jenikk

Post by Jenikk »

I can confirm the mod compatibility. I play OpenMW with Rebirth mod for almost two years without any issue (except white bump maps after osg switch, but this is already solved)
For me 100% compatible
mojoswagger1980

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

clearly a mistake. if the issues corrected by MCP are already resolved it wouldnt matter. i was wondering about potential morrowind rebirth and tamriel rebuilt compatibility problems, are there any ? im reading conflicting things stating it isnt compatible but then i read it is compatible but rebirth devs havent agreed to comply with project tamriels boundary system.
dramegno

Post by dramegno »

From my understanding you might get some landscape tearing and additional floaters with the two mods running together, and that the Tamriel Rebuilt items might feel a bit over powered, Mechanically I haven't heard of any incompatibilities though.
EddyMI3D

Post by EddyMI3D »

Hi there!

I've tried Tamriel Rebuild and Rebirth today. Tamriel Rebuild runs fine, but Rebirth has quite an issue with me here:
There are many buildings/caves that have no ground, that means when I enter, I fall into nowhere.

I have a fresh install of Morrowind, the recent nightly built of OpenMW and Rebirth 5.0
Any ideas? :?: :?:
EddyMI3D

Post by EddyMI3D »

I've found out: Obviously I had the wrong Morrowind version :oops: