OpenMW Compatablitiy Issues With a Few Mods

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Korgi

OpenMW Compatablitiy Issues With a Few Mods

Post by Korgi »

Hello everyone! While trying to add in some of my favorite mods from vanilla Morrowind to OpenMW I have noticed some issues with them that are not present at all on the vanilla engine. 1 of them is almost essential to me, and so I am hoping that someone here may be able to help me find a solution.

1. Ebonheart Orphanage: http://mw.modhistory.com/download-4-14091

This is 1 of my favorite mods, and works together with CoM (Children of Morrowind) to add adoptable child NPC's to the game at a special location in ebonheart. The problem is, when I have this mod installed and the .esp activated it literally messes up ALL dialogue for both vanilla and modded NPC's. Talking to an NPC, and then speaking to another NPC afterwards will often result in the second NPC having the same dialogue options as the first. If you talk to any child in the game, there response to every question is a simple "." The key here, seems to be the following error wich appears on the OpenMW log: "Global Variable "spot-fw" not found for dialouge type Topic info "empty" message
screenshot007.png
screenshot009.png
screenshot005.png
2. Sleepers Awake!: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/37208/?

This mod essentially voices all of the dreams that you have along the main questline. It is not essential, but I really do enjoy it as I feel it adds an extra level of eerieness that just is not there otherwise. The problem is, it will start narrating the dream perfectly fine. The spooky music begins, the voice starts to say the first line, and then just simply stops. After speaking the first half of the word "Omnipotent" I am left with a blank screen and no speech at all. The only thing that the OpenMw log even says about it is: playing Music/dreamvo_s.mp3
Playing Music/dreamvo_s.mp3
Playing Music/dreamvo_s.mp3
Playing music/explore/morrowind title.mp3
Korgi

Re: OpenMW Compatablitiy Issues With a Few Mods

Post by Korgi »

Well, I managed to find this guide, wich solved my "Sleepers Awake!" issue. Seems to work alright now. viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3910

Ebonheart Orphanage is still borked though, and I cannot find a fix for it with OpenMW.
Loriel

Re: OpenMW Compatablitiy Issues With a Few Mods

Post by Loriel »

Ebonheart Orphanage actually has additional dependencies.

The error you quote - "Global Variable "spot-fw" not found (which should I think actually be spot-flw) - arises from the absence of the "Wolf Companion" mod.

There is also a string of TopicInfo errors from missing npcs - these are in "Your Morrowind Family".

So the solutions are:
1. Include those two additional mods in your game.
2. Go into the OpenMW CS, run verify, and delete all the offending TopicInfos.

Loriel